The Winter 2019/20 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I don't Compo. It's fans enjoy route to the ECWC final in 67 apparently

Correct the man at the left with the flat cap is Jimmy Clark he ran the Rangers bus from Bridgeton me and some friends travelled on it a couple of times a couple of weeks ago I put something on about supporters clubs and I believe the Jimmy Clark is still going 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Is Kamberi not a striker/attacker? Or did you mean another striker?

That’ll be what he means. A lot of people felt we should have already had 3 as Stewart isn’t a natural striker. In our financial position I think 3 is fine. You can attract a higher calibre of player when they aren’t coming to be 4th choice too. 

11 minutes ago, compo said:

Correct the man at the left with the flat cap is Jimmy Clark he ran the Rangers bus from Bridgeton me and some friends travelled on it a couple of times a couple of weeks ago I put something on about supporters clubs and I believe the Jimmy Clark is still going 

Cheers compo ? here's the full image mate

b82215ede01c083af24b223926a9ca98.jpg

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

That’ll be what he means. A lot of people felt we should have already had 3 as Stewart isn’t a natural striker. In our financial position I think 3 is fine. You can attract a higher calibre of player when they aren’t coming to be 4th choice too. 

Seemingly a common misconception, as most know him as a winger. Thing is, he is actually a central striker by trade, but given his versitality, trickery and ability to find a pass, often used as a winger. TM may help here ... Greg Stewart - all season stats

Saying that, I would assume that SG may still actually see him more as a right attacker than a central striker, yet, of course, in a single-striker line-up and Morelos and Defoe in front of him, his chances as a main striker are by default limited.

Kamberi, on the other hand, has primarily played as a striker (though Hibs et al hardly play a 4-3-3 or the like). At Rangers the opposition will play different to what he had at Hibs, so having him on loan to test his skills against that is a wise choice. His comments may have burned a few bridges at Easter Road though.

Would have liked to see Barker and Middleton get a loan deal, as they sure won't get that many chances as long as Kent and Jones are fit.

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Seemingly a common misconception, as most know him as a winger. Thing is, he is actually a central striker by trade, but given his versitality, trickery and ability to find a pass, often used as a winger. TM may help here ... Greg Stewart - all season stats

Saying that, I would assume that SG may still actually see him more as a right attacker than a central striker, yet, of course, in a single-striker line-up and Morelos and Defoe in front of him, his chances as a main striker are by default limited.

Most of his career appearances have been for Cowdenbeath pre 2014 where he primarily played up front, but since Dundee in 2014 he’s primarily been a winger or attacking midfielder. Ryan Jack used to be a right back and Graeme Shinie used to be a left back but players change over time. 

That said I’ve always said I’m fine with him a 3rd striker because you don’t need one very often. 

Edited by DMAA