[FT] 1 - 4 Rangers (Arfield 25, 90+2; Aribo 68; Morelos 85)

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Scottish football should end the barbaric practice of cup replays.

Can't see it. Too many votes required from clubs who are eager for the additional income of a replay.

4 hours ago, Franc Ergs said:

Definite improvement in Kamara's game today, including that brilliant tackle after the mistake from Barisic.

Looking forward to see who we get in the quarters tomorrow,..i'm hoping for Clyde at home.

I like your thinking

A replay at Ibrox or the other place for a little club will keep them going for a couple of seasons 

Thank goodness our game was yesterday the rain outside my window is not taking it's time to come down the green brigade will get a good wash  today 

Edited by compo

Re: The Goldson "Penalty"

Somebody took the trouble to forward this to me, so I am taking the trouble to post it here.

You're welcome.

Updates to Laws of the Game 2019-20

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/updates-to-laws-of-the-game-2019-20/

Handball – Law 12

Changes

Deliberate handball remains an offence.

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

The ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm.

A player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm).

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger.

If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)

If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

Explanation
Greater clarity is needed for handball, especially on those occasions when ‘non deliberate’ handball is an offence. The re-wording follows a number of principles:

Football does not accept a goal being scored by a hand/arm (even if accidental).

Football expects a player to be penalised for handball if they gain possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm and gain a major advantage e.g. score or create a goal-scoring opportunity.

It is natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling.

Having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a ‘natural’ position and a player is ‘taking a risk’ by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.

If the ball comes off the player’s body, or off another player (of either team) who is close by, onto the hands/arms it is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball.

When the goalkeeper clearly kicks or tries to kick the ball into play, this shows no intention to handle the ball so, if the ‘clearance’ attempt is unsuccessful, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball without committing an offence.

Ergo: The ref dun good. 

Edited by Uilleam

26 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Re: The Goldson "Penalty"

Somebody took the trouble to forward this to me, so I am taking the trouble to post it here.

You're welcome.

Updates to Laws of the Game 2019-20

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/updates-to-laws-of-the-game-2019-20/

Handball – Law 12

Changes

Deliberate handball remains an offence.

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

The ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm.

A player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm).

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near.

The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger.

If a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the body bigger)

If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

Explanation
Greater clarity is needed for handball, especially on those occasions when ‘non deliberate’ handball is an offence. The re-wording follows a number of principles:

Football does not accept a goal being scored by a hand/arm (even if accidental).

Football expects a player to be penalised for handball if they gain possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm and gain a major advantage e.g. score or create a goal-scoring opportunity.

It is natural for a player to put their arm between their body and the ground for support when falling.

Having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a ‘natural’ position and a player is ‘taking a risk’ by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding.

If the ball comes off the player’s body, or off another player (of either team) who is close by, onto the hands/arms it is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball.

When the goalkeeper clearly kicks or tries to kick the ball into play, this shows no intention to handle the ball so, if the ‘clearance’ attempt is unsuccessful, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball without committing an offence.

Ergo: The ref dun good. 

All great teams did one thing they kept it simple so why not refereeing if the ball hits a hand penalty if hand hits bal penalty no excuses I was protecting my face , my balls or reaching out to God no excuses keep it simple 

Kamara was much better yesterday and I thought Arfield had a decent game too although I think he has more impact playing further forward.   We are certainly missing Ryan Jack and I hope the stability of the team returns when he does.   Great to see Alfredo get his goal, hopefully he will kick on from there and Kent with his assist.

Funny that all the BT / BBC experts were going on about the penalty without actually knwoing the updated rules.

BTW, when Kamara made that last ditch tackle to deny the Accies counter attack, he toe-poked the ball to McGregor, which was a back-pass all day long. The goalie should have booted it away instead of picking it up. (Unless they changed the back-pass rules too ... )