[FT] St Johnstone 2 - 2 Rangers (Kamberi 50; Aribo 71)

Another bugbear of mine is our crossing. Brutal stuff. 

We're placing it too close to the 'keeper, or delicately drifting it into a packed box. No chance. 

Why can't we whip it in, or cut it back to the edge of the box?!

Lots of half-chances but ball just isn't bouncing for us and, once again, we give away a really cheap goal.

We need a lot more quality on and off the ball.  A few players have shown glimpses of good play but that isn't enough and there doesn't seem to be anyone wanting to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.  Jack is a bit too deep, Halliday doesn't anticipate enough, Kent's positioning remains poor and Hagi seems to have the wrong boots on.

Not good enough but hopefully we can grab the goal our play has merited and we'll need the same kind of character we seen on Thursday.

Slapstick goal and after that we had no plan whatsoever, very easy for St. Johnstone to play against. I give it to Katic that he might have got the Sun in his eyes and than had the misfortune of slipping. Yet the whole defense looks quite uneasy.

We supposedly have at least 3 creative MFs on the park, but they are all over the place, no-one takes command or plays a telling pass. Flanks and crosses are woeful, be it Tav, be Morelos, be it ... take your pick. It is our CHs doing all the creative and game-opening business and as per usual, it ends up rubbish.

I'd throw Stewart and Kamberi in straight away, as we create very little. Now with the Sun in their eyes, we might profit a little more.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

We're placing it too close to the 'keeper, or delicately drifting it into a packed box. No chance. 

Tav has been so poor this season.  Yes, we arguably missed him when he was injured but he's not offering any sort of quality on the ball right now.

With no Barisic on the other flank, we lack options as it's so congested centrally.  I'd like to see Jack moved further forward.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's not just crossing our final ball is woeful all round

We are languid again.

The surface is not the best, but it's difficult for both sides. The Saints are knocking it on and supporting it. We are occasionally attempting to thread passes on a glue pot of a pitch. Get in behind, turn the Saints, and start flashing the crosses across the box for incoming midfielders.

Morelos has had little service, but he has lost energy. Further, what has happened to packs of three Rangers players hunting the ball down immediately after losing possession?

If we don't get on top of this game, our season will boil down to three days against Braga in Portugal and Hearts at Tynecastle.