Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen!

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

....The Jutes, The Danegeld, Nina and Frederick, Dogme Cinema, Lars von Trier, Cherry Heering, Noma Restaurant, Carl Nielsen, Niels Bohr.......

and, heh,  the bird from The Bridge....

Nina and Fredrick  I remember them on juke box jury ?‍??

14 minutes ago, compo said:

Nina and Fredrick  I remember them on juke box jury ?‍??

A show denounced by Lord Reith (of BBC fame) as "evil".

If he was right, it might explain a lot.

About yourself, for instance. 

I note from this morning's news coverage of the Coronavirus spread in the Canary Islands. They have a Yahoo replete in ra green'n'grey hoops pressed to the window, wearing a respirator, and giving the thumbs up. Speculation suggests another 14 days quarantine might ensue; however, he has been informed ra Sellik have drawn FC Naecnut in the next round and he's whiling the hours booking flights.

Ah hope, bless them.

Meanwhile in The Twilight Zone

Old Trafford is called The Theatre of Dreams; in the eastern end of Glasgow, we have The Theatre of the Absurd.

News

1 hr ago

Copenhagen star Michael Santos charged over alleged assault of Glasgow cop after goal at Celtic Park

Exclusive by Mark Hendry  @mhendry92Sports Writer

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18268723.copenhagen-star-michael-santos-charged-alleged-assault-glasgow-cop-goal-celtic-park/

Copenhagen star Michael Santos charged over alleged assault of Glasgow cop after goal at Celtic Park

Copenhagen goal scorer Michael Santos has been charged in connection with an alleged assault on a police officer during last night's Celtic victory at Parkhead.

The attacker was allegedly involved in an altercation with an officer as his side celebrated their second goal at Parkhead, scored by Pep Biel.

Santos and a member of the Copenhagen staff were both charged in connection with an alleged assault, Police Scotland have now confirmed.

A spokeswoman for the force said: "Two men aged 26 and 42 were charged in connection with an alleged assault at Celtic Park last night. They have been reported to the Procurator Fiscal."

Meanwhile eight fans were arrested last night including six home supporters and two away fans. The arrests were for alleged minor disorders.

Free the Copenhagen Two!

Come on Humza, I know you are hurting after last night's delicious victory for the Danes, but to do opposition players/coaches for celebrating in front of their own fans. You sit in the comfy green leather heated seats in the North Stand, you witnessed the incident, intervene and tell PC Yahoo-Plod to wind his neck in. 

Trying to understand the coefficient system and struggling somewhat!

At present Scotland have 27,875 points and are 14th.  We need to be in the top 15 for the second CL place.  That's the easy bit.

According to Wikipedia, points are awarded for various things, including 10,000 points for playing a game.  Something doesn't add up here!

In short, I think the situation is that if we outperform Copenhagen, or at least equal the performance of either Olympiakos or Basel, Scotland gain a second entry to the CL next season.  

Olympiakos play Wolves and Basel play either Salzburg or Frankfurt.  I'm not sure I see both of those sides qualifying through those games so we have a very good chance.

Of course, had Celtic done the business against Copenhagen, it would already be decided...

1 hour ago, RabiDuck said:

Trying to understand the coefficient system and struggling somewhat!

At present Scotland have 27,875 points and are 14th.  We need to be in the top 15 for the second CL place.  That's the easy bit.

According to Wikipedia, points are awarded for various things, including 10,000 points for playing a game.  Something doesn't add up here!

In short, I think the situation is that if we outperform Copenhagen, or at least equal the performance of either Olympiakos or Basel, Scotland gain a second entry to the CL next season.  

Olympiakos play Wolves and Basel play either Salzburg or Frankfurt.  I'm not sure I see both of those sides qualifying through those games so we have a very good chance.

Of course, had Celtic done the business against Copenhagen, it would already be decided...

It's 27.875 points.  That's made up of the last five years scores.  The good thing for Scotland is we have a very low score of 3 from 2015/16 dropping off next which is lower than every country around us. 

As I understand it you get 2 points for a win and 1 for a draw (halved in the qualifiers).  There's also a bonus point for progressing to the next round.  The total is then divided by the number of clubs (in Scotland's case that's 4).   So for this round we got 5 points and Celtic scored 1, which means the Scottish score rose by 1.5 points (6/4).