Should Morelos return to the starting line up on Wednesday?

Should Morelos be in the starting XI?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you start Alfredo given his recent poor form and disciplinary issues?

Quite clearly the manager has lost his patience with Alfredo and the rest of the squad must also be annoyed with his continually letting them down of late.

As such, do we play Morelos, knowing he's our best goalscorer and our most expensive asset?

Or, do we play hard ball and use Kamberi and/or Defoe instead?

(FWIW, I suspect he'll start as I'd imagine the manager will see the issue as water under the bridge whilst knowing we can't afford not to play a £20-30million asset.)

PS: Given not one player did anything of note in a positive sense the other night, I've decided to forego the usual MotM poll.  Hopefully we'll have one after the Hamilton game.

3 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I think it depends so much on the players response to being disciplined.  

Fair comment.  Hopefully the public embarrassment amongst fans who otherwise adore him, will have given him focus but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Either way, I can't see him staying beyond the summer now.

Quite clearly / Obviously ...

... if we are true to ourselves, we hardly have a clue. Whatever caused him to go home, why he was delayed in his comeback, what SG made of it (whether it was standard procedure or annoyance) et. pp. ... we simply do not know. Nor why e.g. Jones is seemingly out of the picture. All we have is opinions and conjecture.

IMHO, Kamberi has a good shout for a starting slot. Is the gaffer willing to give some of his main players a rest though? Like Morelos, Kent or Tavernier, who all lacked in form after the break? I honestly can`t see it ... which is quite frustrating. Same with team formations. Hamilton will dig in and try to barge their way out of the game. They sure have learned from what they have seen in 2020. We have not the players to counter a physical approach, nor should we. But we have players accustomed to it and with a bit of skill too. Namely Jones and Stewart. Going by the rule that you should take the best that you have (whether skill or form), I'd assume Kamberi and Defoe are ahead of Morelos. I`d also hope that we go 2 up top with two wingers and a creative midfielder to feed them.

And I am honest with you, should we again pick that standard formation on Wednesday with those same players that failed us since January, I have serious doubts in SGs tactical learning aptitude regarding the Scottish opposition.

Edited by der Berliner

Obviously will be dependent on his attitude when questioned about reason for delay with returning back, being dropped in the first instant and then afterwards at training etc....stick him on the bench at best.

The question posed represents at best only part of the picture. 

This situation isn't only about Morelos and the reasons why he was apparently disciplined. It's also about the effect of whatever we do now on the rest of the squad. 

37 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

we hardly have a clue. Whatever caused him to go home, why he was delayed in his comeback, what SG made of it (whether it was standard procedure or annoyance) et. pp. ... we simply do not know. Nor why e.g. Jones is seemingly out of the picture. All we have is opinions and conjecture.

Correct. Every opinion given is worthless in the absence of information. Clearly, something is rotten in that dressing room but so far very little seems to be understood about it.