SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

The SPFL couldn't extend their league programme to help a fellow member win a European final.

But the same organisation can end their league with eight matches remaining to award the title to a team that haven't yet won the title. 

Isn't sporting integrity a strange thing .

On 14/05/2020 at 17:14, Gonzo79 said:

I'd love Rangers to turn down future allocations for all the clubs who voted No or abstained. 

I realise this won't happen and understand why people would disagree but it'd be the ultimate "Up yours!".  

Agreed, the Rangers fans have more power than the club to hurt these clubs but choose to continue to feed them the blue £ allowing these clubs to continue kicking Rangers at every chance they get!.

mdingwall

mdingwall

Administrator
Since Leslie Deans interview on Sportsound last Saturday then I have been In regular contact with Les. Les contacted me personally this morning via telephone and asked me to post his official letter to our chairman outlining his views on court action on his behalf.

Can everyone please share this on all social media platforms to spread his word as his request?

many thanks

SJ

I have copied and pasted his views verbatim and have removed his personal email address for obvious reasons.

As follows:-

In my opinion, There are a minimum of 3 grounds which would entitle Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and perhaps Rangers, to institute civil court proceedings against SPFL and the clubs who voted to expel the first 3 clubs.

Firstly, the clubs formed a common purpose. In the case of the premiership , that was to play 38 games against each other with club 12 to be relegated after these games were played. A common purpose creates a duty of care to each other. The actions of certain other members breach that duty. Additionally the SPFL must act in the best interest of all member clubs and I believe they have failed to do so. Their actions and conduct are set out in the dossier prepared by Rangers. The excuse given for abandoning the current campaign is that they want to start a new campaign, excluding Hearts from the Premiership. The chairman of SPFL has stated he hopes this can happen by July. By committing to a new campaign with a different membership , before the existing campaign is complete , a breach of duty occurs.

Secondly, there was material non disclosure by SPFL in their briefing pack to clubs on April 8. As I understand it, no reference was made to the potential rebate claim by broadcasters if the league was called early. Additionally no other options than early termination were presented to clubs who were told this was the only feasible option. It was not. By their actions and omissions SPFL did not act in the best interest of all clubs.

Thirdly, the SPFL motion was not passed. Dundee FC were not legally entitled to change their vote after it was cast. The motion failed and no further motion has been put to the clubs. SPFL are acting illegally.

The pursuers only need to convince the court on any one of these 3 grounds to win the case.

If so, the following remedies should be sought

1- Interdict against SPFL starting a new campaign until the current one is finished, whenever that might be.
2- damages for actual and potential financial loss stemming from their expulsion.
3- the expenses of litigation.

Yours Faithfully

Leslie Deans

What is Rangers waiting for? Does the club want the title awarded to Celtic before starting court action in order to create an actual and quantifiable loss, albeit theoretical in terms of where the title would have ended up if the league programme was completed?