SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Didn't Dunfermline vote against our resolution?

Can't say I'll be losing any sleep over clubs that voted No suffering*.

*staff losing their jobs is another matter. 

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

What a well-informed, coherent and substantive response from Bowie.  He must leave colleagues and associates in awe at business meetings.

My cousin “ran away” with Bowie’s wife - cousin is still with her.... and my cousin legitimately feared that Bowie may try to have him bumped off.... that’s allegedly the type of company Bowie keeps.... and allegedly the manner in which he Maintains a successful business....

Tears are still tripping me ???

Extract from Roy Keanes Autobiography:

“The only time I laughed in my life, we had this wee rat called Micheal Stewart, the worst footballer anyone has seen. I remember Fergie telling him how shite he was and he actually pissed his shorts, in front of us all. I chuckled for days”

13 minutes ago, compo said:

“The only time I laughed in my life, we had this wee rat called Micheal Stewart, the worst footballer anyone has seen. I remember Fergie telling him how shite he was and he actually pissed his shorts, in front of us all. I chuckled for days”

Just shows that the wee rat has found that by hating us he has found an audience just like him full of gutter rats.

Looking at the number of players getting released by clubs such as Dunfermline, QOTS etc, how many ‘professional’  clubs do the SPFL expect to have for the start of next season?

And what good did terminating this season early really achieve by releasing ‘funds’ to clubs who seem to be releasing large numbers of players?

Can I suggest these ‘funds’ were peanuts and achieved little?

who orchestrated the campaign to end this season early ? Liewell and his placemen?

Edited by RANGERRAB

3 hours ago, compo said:

Need to be soft in the head to believe that is real. 

Still funny though 

I couldn't care less about the other clubs any more.  Lie with snakes etc.

Great to see Rangers social media recognising religious observances today - I love a bit of box-ticking when there's actual work to be done.

Edited by Gonzo79

Football is "likely" to be played in Scotland in August, says Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

Non-contact outdoor sports are set to be allowed next week in phase one of the Scottish government's restrictions easing, with football in phase two.

National clinical director Professor Jason Leitch warned there are "no guarantees" that will be in mid-June as predicted but Maxwell said playing in August is "definitely achievable".

"I'm sure we can do that," he said.

"We're seeing it in countries across Europe, whether they're finishing league programmes or starting new ones.

"We have to make sure that we're giving the government comfort and that we can do it in a manner that keeps everyone involved in the game safe."

Speaking to BBC Scotland, Maxwell also said:

• There's a "real desire" to meet the "challenge" of maintaining 42 senior clubs
  • It is "right" that the Scottish FA should help fund testing around training and matches
  • Football will be "different" and the sport must be "adaptable and creative"
  • The Scottish game will find out at the end of June if they can get financial help from Fifa
  • It's important that the Scottish FA work out how to get the grassroots game back

'It could be three weeks, it could be six weeks'

Maxwell also echoed the initial suggestion players would need "touching six weeks" to be ready to play.

And, with that in mind, the SPFL is to ask the Scottish government if football clubs can resume training from 10 June.

"We're working through a three-stage plan," Maxwell said. "It will start with a return to training, then it will move on to a return to matches, then obviously on to spectators being allowed back in to stadiums at some point."

It had been estimated that 18 June would be when phase two kicks in and players are allowed to return to training, but that depends on strict criteria being met.

"There are no dates attached to phases two and three," Professor Leitch said. "They may be be three weeks apart if everything goes well, but they might be six weeks apart, or it might be five-and-a-half weeks.

"There is no guarantee when they will happen. It might go backwards a bit or some of the things we said might happen, might not."

However, Professor Leitch told BBC Scotland's Off the Ball that matches could be played behind closed doors in phase three and that the country's major sports will be able to begin preparing for that.

"We've been in conversation with each of them - in particular rugby and football," he said. "They have five or six-step plans and we would expect that process to begin in phase two.

"That's when you would begin to think about - in phase three - could you have an event behind closed doors or with a small, socially-distant crowd? We'll have to answer those questions as and when we reach those moments."

Edited by ian1964