SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

Just seen this from the same source.

Leagues have been warned that their clubs could be barred from playing European football next season if they cancel their competitions prematurely due to the coronavirus crisis.

Uefa, the European Club Association and the European Leagues body have said cancellation should be a “last resort” and warned that there may be severe sanctions for those that flout such guidance.

In a joint letter sent to Europe’s national FAs, leagues and top division clubs, Uefa president, Aleksander Ceferin, ECA chairman Andrea Agnelli and Lars-Christer Olsson, president of European League, emphasised their determination to complete the 2019/20 campaign, even if that meant playing matches in July and August.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/03/uefa-warn-european-bans-leagues-end-seasons-prematurely/

Similar to "we rather die than reinstate Rangers" of 2012, I could envisage the Scum machine going for the title and rather risk not being part of the CL campaign next season. Then again, there are 30odd million reasons for Liewwell to consider, given that the transfer window might very well not yield that much this summer in terms of revenue.

Can't find it right now but there was an article in the media Friday or Saturday saying that when the SPFL board decides the season is over and titles, relegations et al are decided at the status quo, all member clubs have to agree tothis before it becomes fact. Anyone seen this too or "know the  score"?

Edited by der Berliner

You cant give titles without relegation etc...its standard.

1) Wait and play the season out - who cares when restructure later and it helps with Qatar world cup - contracts is a issue.

2) Void - Id its not completed within the contractual time then its a void season - unlucky for others.

3) Award as it is - by far the most ridiculous idea ever. Who knows what could happen...

1 or 2 for me.

it seems clear to me that Celtic will be gifted the title by a compliant SPFL. In fact, so sure am I this will be the outcome that I've stopped even fretting about it. Some things never change - the inevitability of death, taxes and kissing Celtic's arse.