So we finally get cover for the left midfield after years of having nobody in this position. We now have Beasley, Adam, Gow and even Thomson who can play there and Lee McCulloch will be another if he ever completes his move.

But all of a sudden our right side is vacant.

Sionko wants out as he and Smith dont talk and Burke is not up to the job over a season as he is weak and injury prone. 1 or 2 fans have said Sionko should be gievn another chance and im all for given players a 2nd chance so this one is all about opinion.

However, Faubert would have been the answer and in typical Rangers fashion we lost out on him due to Murray and Bain. The player was begging to join us and even went on strike to try and get his deal.

But Faubert must be forgotten now although we wont forget the reasons why he never signed. And if we see him flying in the EPL next season it will be a sickener.

So who do we turn our attentions to?? Is there anyone realistically out there who we can go for. I seriously am racking my brains thinking if there is anyone affordable because IMO he needs to be a first teamer. I know I might get pelters for this but Ray Parlour is a free agent. Ok, he is 33/34 and would be another stop gap signing but his experience wouldnt do us any harm and I still think he could do a job in the SPL for a season until we identify someone. He cant be any worse than Burke anyway!!

Suggestions?

But Alan, we have to realistic, its the sort of player we will end up going for. We cant compete with premiership sides with funds so the likes of Hull are the sides we could end up being against. Playing for Hull would probably more difficult on a weekly basis than playing for Rangers. The championship temas are way better then our SPL oppoents bar Celtic and maybe Hearts.

I noticed Dennis Rommhedal (sp) is being released by Charlton, thats another type of player we would probably go for.

Yes championship clubs probably are better than most spl sides but thats besides the point. Parlour is 34 and released by Hull, how can you say he's good enough for us.

Rommendahl, now he might be worth a look, if he's got the attitude