Castore Announced As Rangers Official Kit and Retail Partner

4 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Sorry, a pre-sale? They are either on sale or they are not. WTF is a pre-sale? Some marketing pish by the sounds of it!

I assume Castore were taking money off bears as part of this "pre-sale"? Which then means it was actually "on sale", just with a 31 day delivery time. So when they dont/cant issue the tops for a month, why restrict themselves to 50K is what I wanted to know? Why not just have an unlimited "pre-sale".  If it is because they have only managed to produce 50K, then they deserve some criticism for being so small-minded, surely?

It's not that difficult to see 50K was never going to satisfy our demand. We have sold over 40,000 season tickets at about £500 a go for games that we wont be able to attend. With that lunacy, (sorry I mean loyalty!) then a new top that is not controlled by Ashley was always going to be of huge interest to Rangers fans across the globe.

I don't get what your issue is with this. Shirts go on general public sale on August 1st in our revamped store which opens on the same day . It will also be available in other high street retailers.  

We had a pre sale with 50,000 units. It's drums up even more interest. Gives some folk a bit of breathing room after paying for a season book. 

Yes it's some sort of marketing pish - and it's marketing that's gonna make us millions. The board and castore are not underestimating the fan base or the demand. 

The cash is coming just be patient. 

It takes a strange and perverse logic to criticise Castore for not supplying a product that we already know has a planned release date a month down the line? The pre-sale volume of 50,000 shirts has nothing to do with availability. It is a notional quantity that can be pre-ordered, nothing more. No one has been or will be left empty handed.

Where the hell does this level of negativity come from? Are some of us so damaged by previous disappointments that we can no longer see straight. I'd think it was time to pack it all in if it had that sort of effect on me.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

It takes a strange and perverse logic to criticise Castore for not supplying a product that we already know has a planned release date a month down the line? The pre-sale volume of 50,000 shirts has nothing to do with availability. It is a notional quantity that can be pre-ordered, nothing more. No one has been or will be left empty handed.

Where the hell does this level of negativity come from? Are some of us so damaged by previous disappointments that we can no longer see straight. I'd think it was time to pack it all in if it had that sort of effect on me.

Agree, I took the 50K pre order as simply an opportunity for a lot of fans to guarantee delivery of a top. Obviously a lot more will be distributed in August to various retailers and we should welcome the exclusive window (mygers particularly) to remove the hassle of a launch day covidian shopping excursion. 

In the heart and hand interview he says there will be 200,000 units available on the 1st Aug and hoping to shift 500k in total. 

That would be amazing if we can shift that amount. 

1 minute ago, BB_89 said:

In the heart and hand interview he says there will be 200,000 units available on the 1st Aug

What, you mean they're going to manufacture more strips during the month of July!?  

What kind of sorcery is this?  ?

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What, you mean they're going to manufacture more strips during the month of July!?  

What kind of sorcery is this?  ?

Well, the walks are cancelled, so the manufactories can go at it full tilt. 

Seriously, we are in bed with Messrs Castore, and we have to cut them some slack.

The current pandemic and associated lockdowns, and slowdowns, has played havoc, not just with manufacturing, but with all aspects of logistics and distribution. 

If we add in the fact that Castore is a relatively new and rather small company, ito market share, then we should realise that any difficulties deriving from the Covid 19 may impact even more significantly upon it, than upon the commercial behemoths of sports clothing.