The 'former Blackburn midfielder'.

... but he did play for them, so why all the confusion? lol

I agree, but you wouldn't expect anyone to refer to Ally McCoist as the former Sunderland striker would you. It's more usual to refer to a player by his current club if he's playing or the team(s) where he spent the majority of his career if he's retired. Factually its correct, just a strange way of describing the player.

"Darchey puts balls in your hands and stuff and makes them disappear" :D

But disagree about his training routine. It cant be good to get "wired" into your team mates (whatever wired means) and give them a good kick in the air. There is being competitive and being dirty.

Have to say though, BF is looking trim and fit in those pictures.

"Darchey puts balls in your hands and stuff and makes them disappear" :D

But disagree about his training routine. It cant be good to get "wired" into your team mates (whatever wired means) and give them a good kick in the air. There is being competitive and being dirty.

Have to say though, BF is looking trim and fit in those pictures.

So do you agree with the PLG tactic of no tackling?

I dont see anything wron with what BF is saying, what should they do if there is a 50-50 in a five aside game at training? hold back and have more of a chance of coming off injured? or should they stop the game and start with a drop ball?

Do you honestly think that any professional player would go into a tackle at training with the intention of injuring thier team mate?

So do you agree with the PLG tactic of no tackling?

I dont see anything wron with what BF is saying, what should they do if there is a 50-50 in a five aside game at training? hold back and have more of a chance of coming off injured? or should they stop the game and start with a drop ball?

Do you honestly think that any professional player would go into a tackle at training with the intention of injuring thier team mate?

Hartson-Berkovic? Lol.

Seriously though, agree with you. Gotta train the way you play the game imo.

There is room for PLG's non-tackling games to try an improve players positioning and other aspects of their defensive play. However this would probably prove more fruitful at a younger age and tackling should not be banned completely at training. It could be used as a drill within training sessions, but there is also a need to practice tackling and competitve games.

I think there is a need for tackling in training, but don't think it needs to be the same intensity as a real match. I think you can definitely hold back a tad with your own team-mates - and there is certainly no need to be dirty with them. Besides, it's pretty obvious that most friendly games are indeed more friendly.

However now and again you do need to practice being very physical, otherwise you can get caught out in a real game.

When I play a competitive game, I sometimes need reminding from a kick or shove from a forward, that I need to be highly aggressive to be an effective defender.

I think there is a need for tackling in training, but don't think it needs to be the same intensity as a real match. I think you can definitely hold back a tad with your own team-mates - and there is certainly no need to be dirty with them. Besides, it's pretty obvious that most friendly games are indeed more friendly.

Tbh I don't think Fergie meant being overly aggressive or even dirty. It's just another excuse for people to twist the captain's words.