Diversity and Inclusion Charter

I don't particularly want to get dragged into this thread. Everyone has strong opinions.

However, I've just hidden a few posts that had unacceptable quotes from "Rangers fans".

I aint here to debate over why when and where,  i don't particularly want them on Gersnet. I'm sure @Frankie will put them back if he disagrees.

(Not a dig  Cammy, because you did put a sidenote to delete if found inappropriate)

Take things you read on forums/social media with a pinch of salt sometimes.

25 minutes ago, blueflag said:

I don't particularly want to get dragged into this thread. Everyone has strong opinions.

However, I've just hidden a few posts that had unacceptable quotes from "Rangers fans".

I aint here to debate over why when and where,  i don't particularly want them on Gersnet. I'm sure @Frankie will put them back if he disagrees.

(Not a dig  Cammy, because you did put a sidenote to delete if found inappropriate)

Take things you read on forums/social media with a pinch of salt sometimes.

Not a problem- I really didn't want to post them but thought it was highlighting an issue which was on topic. Completely understand and in hindsight, maybe shouldn't have posted them.

No need for you and or Frankie to put them back up - consign them to the trash as that's where they belong.

Edited by CammyF

2 hours ago, Charloch said:

Diversity and inclusion are Marxist categories. Rangers have a Diversity and Inclusion Charter. The thing is as plain as the noses on our faces. Rangers are advancing a Marxist agenda, like all useful idiots in history, without a clue that they are doing so. Every Communist revolution has been fomented by an academic/social elite and then that elite has ruled with an iron fist over the population. The primary difference between Marxism and Fascism is that one is internationalist in its spirit and the other is national. In terms of their modi operandi they are almost exactly the same.

I see what you did there :ph34r:

:D

This may be a seminal moment: the point at which the primary working class cultural institutions capitulated to the neo-Marxist agenda. 

Racism is evil. It is possible to agree on that but disagree profoundly on the best methods of addressing the issue. It doesn’t make any of us better or worse. There is a tendency to view and speak of those who disagree with the BLM agenda as if it is some evidence of animus against other races. That is to fall into the trap that has been set for us and proves the fact that the agenda is intended to divide. 

Edited by Charloch

38 minutes ago, Charloch said:

This may be a seminal moment: the point at which the primary working class cultural institutions capitulated to the neo-Marxist agenda. 

Racism is evil. It is possible to agree on that but disagree profoundly on the best methods of addressing the issue. It doesn’t make any of us better or worse. There is a tendency to view and speak of those who disagree with the BLM agenda as if it is some evidence of animus against other races. That is to fall into the trap that has been set for us and proves the fact that the agenda is intended to divide. 

There’s been plenty of that. It’s not enough to be against racism, you have to be seen to conform and endorse BLM, otherwise you’re in the same camp as 18th century slave traders. It’s no accident that such emphasis is placed on the required genuflection - if you bend your knee you’re one of us, if not you’re effectively a racist. There’s no ambiguity allowed, it’s black and white, your knee is bent or you’re left standing for everyone to see and condemn. You have to admit it suits a society where conformity is safety and where deviating from dogma is heresy. What better way could there be to exercise control? 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

With respect BD neither you nor I are black (you're not, are you? I'm going to look pretty stupid if you are) so we're not affected in anyway by this. Let's be honest, there's no chance at all of Marxism making any kind of political inroads here, (and it's laughable to suggest it could happen in America) and by supporting the club and the players I don't think anyone is going to mistake either of us for Leninist agitators. This whole Marxism thing is bewildering, we're not living in a 1960s Le Carre novel, our way of life is not threatened by Conor Goldson protesting. The Israel/Palestine thing is nonsense too. Over 70 years of superpower intervention, terrorism, war, mediation and global attention hasn't been able to resolve that part of the world, you and me accepting James Tavernier kneeling before kick-off in a friendly isn't going to bring down the Likud Party or harden the resolve of Hezbollah. But Conor Goldson is a young black man. I don't know what he's experienced in his life due to the colour of his skin, perhaps nothing, only he knows. But as a white man I feel really uncomfortable telling him his choice of protest; one that's peaceful and largely symbolic, isn't appropriate. He's not looting or rioting, he's not closing down streets or marching. He's simply using his profile and platform to maybe make people like you and I, white men who've not had to give this much thought before (well I've not, apologies if you have been involved in this in the past or present) pause to consider whether our society provides the same opportunities to everyone regardless of their ethnicity. 

I'm not unable to accept it means something else to others, I'm simply challenging why that is. I don't understand why it's provoking so much debate, it's largely symbolic, and I know symbolism is important, but it's unlikely to lead to wholesale change (and it's not going to lead to Marxism, I'm positive about that). 

I wear a poppy every year. Both my grandfathers and my father served in the forces, I was brought up with it. I learned about the horrors of WW1 at school, attended the Armistice Day service at our local war memorial with the BB every year. It's something I grew up with, culturally it's important to me. I suspect a number of people on here had a similar upbringing. When I moved to Belfast I continued to wear a poppy around that time of year. For me it was a way of honouring ordinary and extraordinary people who'd made a sacrifice I'm not sure I'd be willing to make. But for the first time I met people who'd a very different view of the poppy. Who saw it as a symbol of the British military and they'd a very dim view of the British military. So I considered it but decided to keep wearing it. I'm happy to explain to anyone concerned that I don't wear it because I supported the invasion of Iraq (I didn't), or Afghanistan, or to make some kind of political point or prove how patriotic I am (I'm not patriotic in the slightest). I wear it to remember the millions of people who died either through government misadventure, idiotic orders or trying to achieve something truly noble and necessary that has made the world a safer and better place. I'm not honouring governments or politicians, far from it. That's what it means to me, thats why I wear it. 

I'm confident Conor Goldson doesn't want to bring down the government in this country or in the middle east, he bends his knee and raises his arm so you and me will see him and think. That's all. 

Take a bow Sir. Brilliant post