McCulloch to sign today - Official

A bit disappointed with this one. He never plays well for Scotland against the weaker teams so what chance have we got of him doing well against Celtic and our european matches. I've never thought he was much of a player and I don't know how he played in the EPL.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong though but I'm a bit sceptical of this signing.

WS must see something in him and he's worked with him enough to know, so that's good enough for me. He's also a big lad, which is something else I think we've been missing recently and can be a real asset in the SPL.

Welcome to Ibrox Lee.

Must admit £2million is a lot for the likes of McCulloch. I'd have thought there were better players for that money out there but as Sebo showed last season, that's not always the case.

McCulloch will bring a bit of physical presence to the team and considering the number of times teams battered through us last season (until Weir arrived to help), bringing in him to play up front or in a wider, deeper role isn't that bad an idea.

Let's wait until the end of the season before we judge his contribution.

Im happy with this signing and would think he will be a first teamer. If he was a foreigner the transfer fee wouldnt get a mention.

He has always done a good job for Scotland when ive watched him and he has held his own no problem in the premiership.

Welcome to the Gers Lee

I think he will be a decent addition to the squad BUT im a bit dissapointed that we have strengthened the left mid position further when we have two adequate players there already and we are struggling for players to play on the right.

What is his best position anyway? I'm confused as I always thought he was LM, but I've seen people say he can play in the centre and up front. Seems to be a threat from set pieces though which is something else we've lacked for years. Now, all we need is someone who can actually take a decent corner kick.

Im happy with this signing and would think he will be a first teamer. If he was a foreigner the transfer fee wouldnt get a mention.

He has always done a good job for Scotland when ive watched him and he has held his own no problem in the premiership.

Welcome to the Gers Lee

I agree Gribz. Even though the fees in England have gone bonkers, McCulloch seems to be getting a lot of flak from Bears because of who he is. He's been a regular in the Premiership and at International level. He's reaching his peak (in theory), so I think we're just paying the going rate.

At least this is a player WS knows, so its more of a low risk deal for us than many we've done in the past.

Me and you must've watched different Scotland games cause everytime I see him he's been rotten. He runs about like a headless chicken. I haven't seen him do a single thing that merits appreciation while he's played for Scotland.

Me and you must've watched different Scotland games cause everytime I see him he's been rotten. He runs about like a headless chicken. I haven't seen him do a single thing that merits appreciation while he's played for Scotland.

I'm with Gribz here i'm afraid. One of the better performers for Scotland imo.