McCulloch to sign today - Official

I have to say that its disappointing to see the reaction to this signing on other forums. Even on the BBC News page about it, the current comment from their debates is "I can't believe we paid 2.25M for this donkey".

I really hope McCulloch is given a chance to prove himself by the fans.

"I can't believe we paid 2.25M for this donkey".

Aye, I read that aswell. Probably a tim on the wind up.

As ive said Im happy with this signing, its the sort of player we have been crying out for.

1) Can play LM mid and is more attacking than defensive

2) Isnt a out and out winger so will give the midfield a more solid look

3) Can play upfront and can score goals

4) Has came through the ranks in England and didnt look out of place in the EPL.

1) Can play LM mid and is more attacking than defensive

2) Isnt a out and out winger so will give the midfield a more solid look

3) Can play upfront and can score goals

4) Has came through the ranks in England and didnt look out of place in the EPL.

Have a look at this, it's a Wigan Athletic fans message board. They aren't exactly bothered he's left.

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fm...mid=2132681127

I have to say that its disappointing to see the reaction to this signing on other forums. Even on the BBC News page about it, the current comment from their debates is "I can't believe we paid 2.25M for this donkey".

I think there will be egg on a few Bears faces.

I can sympathise with the feeling that �£2.25 mil is perhaps a bit high. But to describe him as adonkey is too far. I think he will prove to be a decent acquisition. Similar price to Sebo, lets see if he gets the same support?

I don't think he's worth 2.25M either and I don't think he'll make a big difference; however, at least on paper, he's not the worst signing we've ever made.

Exactly the way I feel about it. Nicely put Calscot. :thup:

PS Rangers may be getting slagged off for their offers but in my less than knowledgable opinion, McCulloch seemed worth no more than 1.5M, Naismith is not worth more than 1.5M at this time, and the structure of the last offer seemed reasonable for a young Kilmarnock player, a young 23 year old French man who hasn't done that much is surely not worth more than 5M and Brown to me was probably worth 3.5M tops. Cueller, who was on 7K a week in the last year of his contract was definitely not worth more than 2M.

So while Murray and Bain are taking the flak, I can't help but agree with their valuations.

A player may ultimately be worth as much as what someone is prepared to pay for him, but just because someone else is willing to pay over the top does not mean that is his intrinsic value.