McCulloch to sign today - Official

Me and you must've watched different Scotland games cause everytime I see him he's been rotten. He runs about like a headless chicken. I haven't seen him do a single thing that merits appreciation while he's played for Scotland.

im with you gaz. cant think of one thing thats hes done for scotland. but hes ours now and its up to us to get behind him when he pulls on a blue jersey.

I remember his Scotland debut a few years ago and he played an absolute stormer upfront. It was at Hampden and we won 1-0 but I cant remember who it was.

Since then he has definatly been one of Scotlands better players IMO.

He "should" cruise the SPL and I can see him getting a run upfront a lot as Beasley will play left. He is strong and should score a good few. We are crying out for midfielders to get goals and McCulloch should get double figures.

Have to admit I'm not over the moon at this one especially with the price, but having said that at least we know a bit about him. We paid the same amount of money for Sebo a year ago and look at how he turned out. Lets get behind McCulloch and see how he does before judging him - that'sa wee note to myself as well as others:)

hey sebo! do you honestly think that lee agreeing terms with rangers will be much of a problem?! lol

Lol, na. I wont look like him anymore. I've shaved my head but he's got a dodgy hair do now.

How's the Fatherland? Think you'll be dropping in on the team?

From official site:

LEE McCULLOCH has revealed his joy after signing a four-year contract with Rangers tonight following his �£2.25m move from Wigan Athletic.

Lee McCulloch joins GersChief Executive Martin Bain clinched the deal which makes it EIGHT summer signings for Walter Smith as he builds the squad for the new season.

Lifelong fan Lee was ecstatic to finally clinch the move he always wanted after nearly seven months of waiting.

Smith tried to bring the Scotland star in January but Wigan wouldn't budge but he got his man tonight and McCulloch could not be happier.

He said: "I'm delighted to come to such a massive club - a club with ambition and a club with tradition. I'm here to play for the badge.

"I have waited seven months for this to happen and it's great that it has finally happened. I had hoped I would get the move in January but Wigan wouldn't budge. I tied to kick up as much of a fuss as possible because all I wanted to do was come here but it wasn't to be.

"But that's all in the past now because the most important thing is that I have signed here now.Lee McCulloch

"It really is brilliant and undoubtedly one of the best days of my life. My Dad used to take me to Ibrox to watch the great standard of football and now I have the chance to play in front of the best fans in Europe in my opinion.

"Walter Smith and Ally McCoist were great with me during their period with Scotland and the fact they wanted to bring me here was fantastic."

The 29-year-old former Motherwell striker already has a close bond with skipper Barry Ferguson.

He said: "Barry and I are good friends and have been for many years. We go back as far as under-12s football so it's great to be coming to a club where he is the captain because he is a great leader as well as being a great player.

"He is someone I look up to so I look forward to playing in the same team as him."

Good comments. Showed a real desire to come here.

Only shame is Lennon is away and big Lee can't do to that fud what he did to Chris Morgan. :devil:

I know its a minor thing, but there's been lots of really positive comments from the new signings. Morale and expectations seem to be really high at the moment and I can't remember that in recent times.