Scottish football stadiums could reopen for spectators

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Are you a vaccine sceptic?

When they are developed very quickly, yes I am.

Now, can the new class of  RNA vaccines be developed, and introduced to the market quicker... yes...but you cannot rush human trials or testing. THAT is what takes time...the trials. AND, that is what is important. These things have to be thoroughly vetted.

Y'all are just lettin em pump you full of whatever dogshit that comes out? Now that is crazy.

Oh that's right...the fitba.

Remember, .2% death rate...that is for the entire population. If you are healthy (no comorbidities), and under 70 you have virtually no chance of succumbing. If you are a lunger, or diabetic you need to be careful...BUT WHEN DON'T YA?

This is what happens when you rush these things.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/long-shadow-1976-swine-flu-vaccine-fiasco-180961994/

4 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

Staggered entry times and one way systems may work at some events but I'm struggling to understand how this would work at football grounds such as Ibrox. When fans are coming from far and wide, having an entry "slot" seems impractical. You'd need a one way system both in and outside the ground. When it comes to leaving, even if everyone is going in the same direction, to believe that everyone will maintain a distance is fanciful. When it comes to toilets, well....

I suppose it depends on what capacity they set, and what part of the ground is used. For this to work while distancing is required, a very low capacity is to be expected.

They are starting at 15% for a couple of weeks and then looking to move to 30%.

I don't disagree bud.  I was on a repatriation flight in April back to the UK... the flight had social distancing with spaces deliberately left in each row and people staggered in where they sat in relation to the person in front or behind.... all seemed very good... until the flight landed and the seatbelt light went off.... mass exiting of seats, people right up the back of the person in front etc....  was mind-blowing how quickly people "forgot" the need to socially distance... and not one of those people had a connecting flight to catch because regular commercial flights were all grounded.

So to expect "common sense" to prevail in football  grounds is fanciful at best.

4 hours ago, craig said:

I see they are using the Seville Calculator again.  No way they've sold 50k ST's.

I've always believed that one of the defining characteristics of Celtic and its adherents is an ability to create fact out of fiction. Their willingness to believe what is clearly fiction and turn it into established truth would make a blind alchemist blush. If someone says they've sold 50,000 season tickets then the expediency of wanting it to be true will immediately make it "true". The Celtic world is a world of entirely flexible reality, where 50,000 season tickets is whatever you want it to be.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I've always believed that one of the defining characteristics of Celtic and its adherents is an ability to create fact out of fiction. Their willingness to believe what is clearly fiction and turn it into established truth would make a blind alchemist blush. If someone says they've sold 50,000 season tickets then the expediency of wanting it to be true will immediately make it "true". The Celtic world is a world of entirely flexible reality, where 50,000 season tickets is whatever you want it to be.

transubstantiation