I can't see past a Brasil -Argentine final with the Argies winning, Danny.

Och well as long as England don't win it i don't really care. Just to think we would have to hear about it every day on the beeb for the next 40 years really guts me.

gribz, i think you need to take into consideration that only brazil have EVER won the w.c in europe once.

everyone is so quick to say brazil will win it or argentina, but brazil WILL be taken apart by an effective finishing team like france with henry. ghana were so unlucky but just let it go in the end, they had a load of good chances.

argentina are a better bet for me than brazil. argentina have a better `team` who will play for each other rather than as individuals like brazil.

england are backed by me so take from that what you will. i`d love to say they`ll win it.

portugal will be knocked out by england

ukraine have no chance.

france look quite good all of a sudden but i doubt they`ll go all the way again.

that leaves italy and germany for me.

i think italy are getting the easy route to the final and with ukraine in the q/f they`ve only got 90 mins really to get to the final. something is telling me they`re the ones who are going to get the rub of the green you need. they should really be out, but if you look at their opposition, they could easily be in the final an we all know what they are like at grinding out games.

germany are a good bet, as you have said gribz. obviously they may well be causght out by the argies finishing, but i quite fancy klose, podolski, ballack and the home crowd to get them to the final.

so, italy at 6/1 or germany 5/1 for me then:)

Italy seem to have an easier quarter final but they didnt impress me against Australia.

Germany and Argentina are the only ones to impress throughout in every game and 1 of them is going out and i honestly fancy the Germans to sneak it, so im going to back them.