[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

Lots of chat about our expected team recently but, if everyone is fit, I think it comes down to three key decisions:

1/ Jack or Arfield

2/ Hagi or Barker

3/ 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

I think you could add Jack vs Hagi here. In a game like this away from home, Arfield could be deployed in Hagi’s position. 
You could also add Morelos vs Itten. Morelos is very late getting back from Colombia and has been in really poor form. 

Edited by DMAA

16 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think you could add Jack vs Hagi here. In a game like this away from home, Arfield could be deployed in Hagi’s position. 
You could also add Morelos vs Itten. Morelos is very late getting back from Colombia and has been in really poor form. 

And Jack v Kamara

3 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

I think it'll be a bit of a surreal experience for us all - an Old Firm game in an empty stadium. Fingers crossed it suits us and we came away with a deserved win. I dont buy into this weakened Celtic team either. The majority of the players out or, potentially out, with the exception of Edouard - wouldn't have played anyway. I still think we will see the Frenchman too. Goldson and co need to be on their A game

Christie would have been a stick on mate.  He has been their most creative influence this season.

13 hours ago, craig said:

Christie would have been a stick on mate.  He has been their most creative influence this season.

Aye fair point Craig. I actually forgot about him not being there! I had the two Israelis in my head when I wrote that

I had a look at how Celtic will most likely line up, and tbh they are are hardly weakened. Edouard and Christie are the only starters they are missing. Livingston was the last game Forrest was fit, and Frimpong started ahead of him in the 3-5-2 anyway, and in that game Ajeti started ahead of Edouard too. Ajeti is in much better form than Edouard and Elyounoussi has started 6/9 games anyway. 

Barkas

Jullien  Duffy   Ajer

Frimpong                                Taylor

Brown

Ntcham      McGregor

Ajeti  Elyounoussi

I think the narrative has been set in such a way that the pressure is on Rangers and off Celtic, which I think is unjustified. They are missing one key player, who was anonymous every time they played us last season, and another who has been absolutely miles off it in recent weeks anyway. 

We don’t know who we will be missing but Aribo is a stick on starter and IMO our best player and probably won’t make it (even if he does he has been out for so long). Roofe is another stick on starter (imo) who probably won’t make it. Then we have a few players who are slight doubts. There really isn’t the huge difference in player availability that is being reported.

Edited by DMAA