Ajax & Chelsea games

Anyone going along?

I saw on the official site individual tickets can be bought for 18 quid each or the pair for 34. Id sure be going along to the Chelsea game if I was over and id get the chance to sing at Fat Frank :)

Anyway, Walter has now said pre-season is effectively over after the Falkirk game and now its all about getting a settled team in place for the Champions League qualifier.

So these games will be interesting to see who Smith picks and what formation he goes with. Also if he sticks with the same team for both games.

I noticed Sionko was the only sub not used against Falkirk so I think we can effectively rule him out!!

But with McCulloch banging in a few goals I will be interested to see if he starts upfront or on the left and if so where Beasley plays.

Anyone going along?

I saw on the official site individual tickets can be bought for 18 quid each or the pair for 34. Id sure be going along to the Chelsea game if I was over and id get the chance to sing at Fat Frank :)

Anyway, Walter has now said pre-season is effectively over after the Falkirk game and now its all about getting a settled team in place for the Champions League qualifier.

So these games will be interesting to see who Smith picks and what formation he goes with. Also if he sticks with the same team for both games.

I noticed Sionko was the only sub not used against Falkirk so I think we can effectively rule him out!!

But with McCulloch banging in a few goals I will be interested to see if he starts upfront or on the left and if so where Beasley plays.

I initially interpreted those comments as WS saying he would be giving his first XI for the CL qualifiers a couple of games together. However comments on the official site today seem to refute this:

The Champions League game puts an added bit of important on the two friendlies we have coming up as we need our entire squad to be up to full fitness.

Both matches coming up will help us to achieve that.

WS on the official site

We may see two different teams again, with one being the team that plays Zeta/Kaunas.

Friendly games are SHITE,never enjoyed one yet,although i may go to the Chelsea game as it's a Saturday,if it's SHITE which i expect it will be,there's always THE WEE RANGERS CLUB...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friendly games are SHITE,never enjoyed one yet,although i may go to the Chelsea game as it's a Saturday,if it's SHITE which i expect it will be,there's always THE WEE RANGERS CLUB...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friendlies are shite but they are important for players to get to know each other. But its good to see us playing decent opposition. But the club should have invited 1 more team in and made this a tournament over the weekend and would have probably sold out both days if the tickets were at the right price. Linfield would have been a good idea as a 4th team.

I think Smith may play half his intended team tonight and the other half on Saturday or play his preferred team in the opening hour of both games.

Im hoping its a 4-4-2 as we should be going into the CL qualifier with 2 upfront.