[FT] Ross County 0 - 4 Rangers (Roofe 28; Tavernier 56; Morris 72 o.g.; Defoe 90+1)

25 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

And some wonder why players are still taking the knee.

Did Gardyne take the knee before the match?  If he did, then made a racist comment, surely that suggests it's a pointless exercise. 

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

I assume the player who said it had also taken a knee. Which kinda blows your theory out of the water.

No it shows that we cannot let up on this kind of language. Might as well say that we should drop the 'anyone, everyone' campaign too. Unless of course it was nothing to do with racism, we don't know for sure.

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It was a homophobic term,  and not racism. 

That seems to be doing the rounds.

I'm inclined to give it some credence, because, if it was out and out racist abuse, there would have been, I think, more of a reaction from our players and staff. 

Whatever it was, it was unnecessary, unpleasant, and, in this day and age, quite outlandish.

Didn’t join the game until the beginning of the second half and was taken off just after the third goal.

Random observations.

Pressing the defender in possession is a good idea. At best you win the ball, second best the clearance is a duffer, worst case you open yourselves to an attack but not if the advanced midfield is alert.

Bassey gave the ball away on a couple of occasions. Four of his mates closed round him and exchanged short passes with him to get him settled. Didn’t stop him ball watching at an easy chance for County, though.

Watching for nearly twenty minutes before McGregor was even seen.

I didn’t get to see Defoe. Didn’t have to to know he is an asset of the highest class.