Thursdays and Sundays

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

There is a run of difficult games on either side of Hogmanay, that if we can get through and at least retain the current gap, then I'd retain the good positive vibes, but without so much of the current nerves that come from too much scar tissue. 

For me, we aren't yet at Base Camp (after next OF match).

23/12/20 PRE St. Johnstone 20 : 45 Rangers  
26/12/20 PRE Rangers 13 : 30 Hibernian  
30/12/20 PRE St. Mirren 20 : 45 Rangers  
02/01/21 PRE Rangers 13 : 30 Celtic  
09/01/21 PRE Aberdeen 16 : 00 Rangers  
16/01/21 PRE Motherwell 16 : 00 Rangers  
23/01/21 PRE Rangers 16 : 00 Ross County  
27/01/21 PRE Hibernian 20 : 45 Rangers

Hey, but it's only one game at a time !!!

That run of games is pretty much equivalent to the run they’ve just had. A series of tough tests. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

For me the big worry is the same as last season, players being unavailable. Last season we had terrible luck after the winter break, this season we have the threat of COVID too. I think we are already suffering a wee bit from Helander being absent, I’m a huge fan of his and I think we conceded chances yesterday we probably wouldn’t have if he was playing. So there is plenty reason to be cautious because the risks are greater. 

I think it's the ongoing increasingly omnishambolic situation over at Darkheid that pushes optimism levels so high rather than simply the 7 point gap, which could be flipped in a fortnight if they got going under a new manager and things reversed.

2 minutes ago, compo said:

We have to forget what's going on in the evil empire and keep getting results and points the rest will take care of itself  .

That goes for the team, our players but for us, the support....it's too good to miss at the moment.

Rumour is that the upcoming PLC ZOOMERS AGM is to held in the Hampden showers.

we fell apart largely when Morelos stopped scoring. 

That seems unlikely to be an issue here. 

We were also fragile at the back and more prone to injuries causing us issues. 

Prudent not to get carried away though. Long Long way to go and they will certainly remove Lennon and improve at some point. 

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Funny thing is if you compare our season so far to the same stage last season there isn’t a whole lot in it. In terms of points, the difference is just the old firm game, we won it away instead of losing it at home. So a 3 point difference. Goal difference was 35 instead of 42. Most of that difference was goals conceded. Even in Europe our performance has been almost the same, the big difference being the loss away at Young Boys, but we haven’t played our third away game yet this season so you can’t make a direct comparison yet. 

Yet I think we have reason to believe that the small differences are very significant. The fact we are barely conceding goals domestically is significant. The manner of our old firm performance in stark contrast to last season. The fact that our bench and reserves are so much stronger, we are making 5 changes and there is no drop in quality. 

Lots of reasons to be optimistic. 

The bigger differences are qualitative, not quantitative.  

We exude a confidence (not arrogance) and belief this season.  Last season, even during the run to this point, you always felt we were one result away from seeing a slide in performance and/or result.  This season just seems different.  Much as though we are playing so well we don't look like dropping points we inevitably will.... but you get the feeling that it won't turn into a run of poor results.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

we fell apart largely when Morelos stopped scoring. 

That seems unlikely to be an issue here. 

We were also fragile at the back and more prone to injuries causing us issues. 

Prudent not to get carried away though. Long Long way to go and they will certainly remove Lennon and improve at some point. 

They will, but they are now one result away from the league already being out of their own hands.

11 minutes ago, craig said:

They will, but they are now one result away from the league already being out of their own hands.

longer he lasts the better of course. very much hope it's unrecoverable by then. 

Truth is our results would have any celtc team behind us  in the last 40+ years. 

13 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

longer he lasts the better of course. very much hope it's unrecoverable by then. 

Truth is our results would have any celtc team behind us  in the last 40+ years. 

Aside from the Invincibles under Rodgers - their results to this point were better than ours.  15 wins and a draw.  But other than that, absolutely true.

The number of records this Gerrard-inspired Rangers are creating really is something.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Aside from the Invincibles under Rodgers - their results to this point were better than ours.  15 wins and a draw.  But other than that, absolutely true.

The number of records this Gerrard-inspired Rangers are creating really is something.

Yeah but i was allowing for us having won the opening old firm game :)