Thursdays and Sundays

• Frankie changed the title to Thursdays and Sundays

I think this happiness has two sources. Clearly this Rangers has found another gear compared with past year but it's not just the level of performance, it's the arrival of a kind of consistency we haven't seen for a very long time. Secondly, it would be disingenuous not to admit the woes at Celtic are making a large contribution - not from a gloating perspective (gloat gloat) but from the reassurance it brings that our journey to the title will be that much easier if they continue to drop points.

During these odd times, Rangers are playing well and giving many of us a real reason to smile. 

During these odd times, the situation at our rivals is giving many of us a real reason to smile. 

It's far too early to get carried away but things are finally starting to resemble the true pecking order.  Our manager and players need to keep at it.  

WATP

Funny thing is if you compare our season so far to the same stage last season there isn’t a whole lot in it. In terms of points, the difference is just the old firm game, we won it away instead of losing it at home. So a 3 point difference. Goal difference was 35 instead of 42. Most of that difference was goals conceded. Even in Europe our performance has been almost the same, the big difference being the loss away at Young Boys, but we haven’t played our third away game yet this season so you can’t make a direct comparison yet. 

Yet I think we have reason to believe that the small differences are very significant. The fact we are barely conceding goals domestically is significant. The manner of our old firm performance in stark contrast to last season. The fact that our bench and reserves are so much stronger, we are making 5 changes and there is no drop in quality. 

Lots of reasons to be optimistic. 

Edited by DMAA

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm still waiting to see if we continue this form after the new year, when we tend to trip up, before I see anything to be optimistic about. 

There is a run of difficult games on either side of Hogmanay, that if we can get through and at least retain the current gap, then I'd retain the good positive vibes, but without so much of the current nerves that come from too much scar tissue. 

For me, we aren't yet at Base Camp (after next OF match).

23/12/20 PRE St. Johnstone 20 : 45 Rangers  
26/12/20 PRE Rangers 13 : 30 Hibernian  
30/12/20 PRE St. Mirren 20 : 45 Rangers  
02/01/21 PRE Rangers 13 : 30 Celtic  
09/01/21 PRE Aberdeen 16 : 00 Rangers  
16/01/21 PRE Motherwell 16 : 00 Rangers  
23/01/21 PRE Rangers 16 : 00 Ross County  
27/01/21 PRE Hibernian 20 : 45 Rangers

Hey, but it's only one game at a time !!!

Edited by buster.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's bad juju to believe anything else! :D 

For me the big worry is the same as last season, players being unavailable. Last season we had terrible luck after the winter break, this season we have the threat of COVID too. I think we are already suffering a wee bit from Helander being absent, I’m a huge fan of his and I think we conceded chances yesterday we probably wouldn’t have if he was playing. So there is plenty reason to be cautious because the risks are greater.