• Leon Balogun
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Bongani Zungu
    • Glen Kamara
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Cedric Itten

After a fairly tepid first 15mins or so, we put in a fine team performance with several candidates playing well.

Big shout out for Itten who was superb when he got going but has to be Glen Kamara who stood out once again at this level.  No wonder the manager wants to give him a new contract asap.

Whole team / squad deserve it for an amazing European campaign - however, tonight it could have been Itten, Paterson, Kamara, Zungu and / or  few others but have gone for Hagi - hopefully his goal  / performance will see him kick on 

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Kamara has improved beyond recognition. He has gone from a poor passer of the ball to a classy midfielder. Strolled it tonight and is also my choice.

Great team performance, so happy for Patterson, Kamara was the best player on the pitch.

Kamara stepped up and was a class apart - so effortless on the ball and always seems to know what’s going on around him.  

Itten deserves credit for his goal to get us going, a good performance from him and a number of others but has to be kamara for me. 

Kamara. Just what a player when he is brimming with confidence.

But I could have gone for Itten who was excellent. He did everything well. Held the ball up, found players with passes, ran in behind, worked back and won the ball back several times. He offered much more than Morelos often has recently and he’s surely put himself in contention more more regular appearances. 

Not a MoM contender IMO but delighted that Hagi got minutes in a big game. Another player who has been left out a bit unfairly recently for me. We are better at many things when he plays, especially those passing interchanges which are so good to watch. He also brings that threat from long shots which is very useful to have in your team. 

I’m going to mention another of my favourites too, Aribo. He’s just such a good player. Brilliant in possession and brilliant at winning it back too. The ball sticks to him.