[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

18 hours ago, DMAA said:

That’s because most of us don’t follow Celtic very closely. They are playing different players and a different formation than they were during their slump. Soro is a major improvement over Brown and Turnbull seems to be a pretty big improvement over Rogic at least at the moment. Griffiths has finally had a run in the team and is clicking with Edouard. Meanwhile our form has dipped quite a bit. I expect a close game. 

Agreed and I'd point to the absence of Jack and Arfield as being a huge miss.

They will be all over our midfield with a high press. Has Steve Davis got enough in the tank to up his levels for this game ?

Jacks absence will probably mean our full backs are a little more conservative in the exploits going forward.

The other perhaps more important thing for me is, what team will want it more ?

My worry is that their absolute desperation and need to win, may have them taking the early initiative as we tend to start slow and in the last couple of weeks giving the opposition early opportunites to score......It's a different type of pressure than we've become accustomed to.

Can't say I have good vibes about this match.

20 minutes ago, buster. said:

Agreed and I'd point to the absence of Jack and Arfield as being a huge miss.

They will be all over our midfield with a high press. Has Steve Davis got enough in the tank to up his levels for this game ?

Jacks absence will probably mean our full backs are a little more conservative in the exploits going forward.

The other perhaps more important thing for me is, what team will want it more ?

My worry is that their absolute desperation and need to win, may have them taking the early initiative as we tend to start slow and in the last couple of weeks giving the opposition early opportunites to score......It's a different type of pressure than we've become accustomed to.

Can't say I have good vibes about this match.

I have to agree Buster. Not feeling confident about this game at all. 

Too many factors for me. Jack and Arfield missing out is huge. As much as we have been winning, we seem to have lost our playing identity somewhat and are not as fluid as we have been. And they seem to gaining momentum. Saying that, United still created a few chances against their ropey backline.

Definitely watching this one from behind the couch...

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

20 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I have to agree Buster. Not feeling confident about this game at all. 

Too many factors for me. Jack and Arfield missing out is huge. As much as we have been winning, we seem to have lost our playing identity somewhat and are not as fluid as we have been. And they seem to gaining momentum. Saying that, United still created a few chances against their ropey backline.

One person who is completely focused is SG and when it comes to the way to approach or start a game......you have to hope that his influence is very much taken on board by the full starting XI.

I remember going into the game two years ago thinking we'd struggle for energy after a hectic December but it was the first time I heard SG use the phrase "empty the tank" and our hunger for the game overwhelmed Celtic (1-0, Jack), who had been favourites to win the game.

Strange as it may sound, we have to find a way to be as desperate as them to win this game and from the very start.

Edited by buster.

4 minutes ago, buster. said:

One person who is completely focused is SG and when it comes to the way to approach or start a game......you have to hope that his influence is very much taken on board by the full starting XI.

Agreed. I think Davis and Macgregor can also have a big influence as past title winners

8 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Agreed. I think Davis and Macgregor can also have a big influence as past title winners

It's more about SG&Co for me.

They need to ensure the players go into the game with the right mindset.

SG&Co need to think back to the opening league defeats against them in his first two seasons.

Being conservative in our approach would be handing them an intiative that might lose us the match.

It'd be fair to say that the lessons have been taken on board since but this particular game presents a very different set of circumstances that have Celtic almost approaching Last Chance Saloon.

Edited by buster.