[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

My coffee cup is already shaking due to nerves/excitement.

My guts feel like a washing machine on speed-wash.  

Whisky might be in order.  

Edited by Gonzo79

13 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If Duffy plays it throws up a few questions regarding Alfie IMO. Duffy is a carthorse but he likes to be physical and this can be where they can exploit Alfies temperament. He stupidly let himself get involved with Duffy in the last game and could easily have been hooked at HT. We need to exploit Duffy's obvious weaknesses (slow and ponderous) with guile and speed not pure physicality. 

Could Stevie G throw a curve ball and start with Itten? A physical presence but a more level headed temperament? 

Simple solution is Kent, Roofe, Hagi. 

14 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

If Duffy plays it throws up a few questions regarding Alfie IMO. Duffy is a carthorse but he likes to be physical and this can be where they can exploit Alfies temperament. He stupidly let himself get involved with Duffy in the last game and could easily have been hooked at HT. We need to exploit Duffy's obvious weaknesses (slow and ponderous) with guile and speed not pure physicality. 

Could Stevie G throw a curve ball and start with Itten? A physical presence but a more level headed temperament? 

I think they'll target Morelos early doors for those yellow/red cards challenges that the ref will probably let go #FirstOneFree

Odds are on SG trusting Alfredo. 

It's a risk but AM is more than capable of providing a reward.

There would be a risk of Itten getting lost in a first OF start.

Edited by buster.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd switch Roofe with Morelos if Duffy is all over the latter.  Roofe would have a field day with Duffy and SG seems to prefer the interchangeable front three (like Liverpool).

I can't see Itten playing much of a part and am fairly certain the front three will be Kent, Roofe and Morelos. 

Can we interchange with Liverpool and bring up Salah and Mane today ?

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I think they'll target Morelos early doors for those yellow/red cards challenges that the ref will probably let go #FirstOneFree

Odds are on SG trusting Alfredo. 

It's a risk but AM is more than capable of providing a reward.

There would be a risk of Itten getting lost in a first OF start.

With regards to Itten getting lost, I have to disagree. No fans makes this just like all the other games with no fans IMO. There won't be that intensity from the first whistle with fans demanding every lunge and tackle to be 200%. Itten is a smart footballer and I dont think he would let us down if played. 

I just worry about Alfie letting us down. I can't get it out of my head. He's progressed in this dept. but his idiotic lunge at Tannidice suggests to me that a leopard can never change their spots. 

3 minutes ago, blueflag said:

Man, is it too early to crack some alcohol?

All, hope we have a good day today, my nerves already shattered lol. Come on The Rangers

Promised the missus (and myself) a dry January after quite a rather libatious festive period. Might have to reset the timeline on that...