[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

26 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Balogun in for Helander is a surprise for me.

I would prefer Helander's defending, and passing, to Balogun's pace. I'm sure that the manager knows better than me though.

You’re more humble than I am ?

I’m very disappointed Hagi and Helander don’t play tbh. Really hoping Morelos/Kent/Balogun prove me wrong but I’m just a wee bit less confident than I was, pinning my hopes on Roofe now. 

5 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Like most I’m surprised we didn’t go with Helander who is IMO a better defender than Balogun but comfortable enough with Leon starting. Not at all surprised with the rest of the side which is clearly what SG thinks is his strongest from the available players.

For them I’m always disappointed when Brown doesn’t play as he weakens their midfield and although Griffiths is clearly not fit, he is still a goal threat if he give him an inch, so we must defend properly.

The other major concern for me is Madden, who rarely has a fair and balanced game. He can influence this game far more than any of their players.

Agree about Madden. Always seems to me as if he’s obliged to give them something in these games

Just now, DMAA said:

I’m very disappointed Hagi and Helander don’t play tbh. Really hoping Morelos/Kent/Balogun prove me wrong but I’m just a wee bit less confident than I was, pinning my hopes on Roofe now. 

Hagi’s been our biggest goal threat in recent games. Astonished he’s not starting

It’s a really surprising Celtic line-up. It’s all out attack. One thing that isn’t a surprise is Brown not playing. Anyone who has paid any attention to their games know Soro has put that question beyond doubt, he’s a very good wee player IMO. But most of the rest is surprising, no change from the formation they play at home against wee teams. Frimpong and Laxalt could both easily have been replaced with more conservative players, I thought Taylor would player. Bitton ahead of Duffy is a big surprise for me, going for technique over braun at CB. I was convinced they would have Duffy in for set pieces. 

I understand Hagi has been very good recently, but he's not the most physical: he gets pushed off the ball against diddy teams. So, I can understand the inclusion of Morelos and Kent. 

I think it's the same idea with Balogun over Helander: the former is just a bit more physical and athletic. 

Hagi and Helander are better than Kent and Balogun, but I think it suits this game. 

It is good to have options on the bench. Re Kent, I reckon we want to put pressure on them early on in their own half, where pace might be more important than "more" trickery. Of the latter, we already have Aribo, Roofe and Morelos.

I expect our players give their all and keep their concentration levels up for 90+ mins. A victory would be fine, a draw okay. A loss will hurt against this vile band, but wouldn`t be the end of the world either. Just do your job, men in Blue!

The fhilth seem to fear Ryan Kent. 

However, his form has been, let's say patchy, of late, and he owes us something approaching a MofM performance.

Morelos has in the last couple of games, or so, has been getting into scoring positions, without really capitalising. The important thing is that he has been making or getting such chances. A little ruthless cool would go down well today.