Ex-Rangers administrators David Whitehouse and Paul Clark in £21m settlement

From The Sunday Herald, and behind a paywall (no, really)

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19352917.administrators-fire-17-5m-insolvent-rangers-valuable-players-went-less-1m/

BDO is attacking Duff & Phelps for not selling players during the period of administration, players that the Club lost anyway, with no, or very little, financial consideration in return.

I wonder if Whyte, Green, and the rest of them actually knew that they would lose these assets post liquidation, as the players then were under no obligation to transfer to the new 'enterprise'. I'd like to think it was a case of the asset strippers stripped.

Herald-martin-williams-duff-and-duffer-IMG-5579.jpg

Did not read full article but feel really annoyed that the whole episode between traitor Murray,selling our soul for a whole"POUND" and the subsequent goings on were just an attempt to suck the very soul out of our club.

I can only thank Dave King and all who finally put a stop to seeing our club put into a historical setting.Don't know if any of the administrators or whoever done enough to work to save us but am glad that now we seem to be on an even+ situation that will see us survive for many many years.

I'm not sure if this is actually 'off-topic', but, 

"Imran Ahmad and Charles Green should never have been prosecuted, the lord advocate has said"

You may have forgotten these chancers, before whom the Lord Chancellor, Scotland's premier Law officer, now performs 

obeisance, and who will shortly receive, no doubt, eye-watering, no doubt, cash settlements from the public sporran. 

These guys saw an opportunity to line their pockets from Rangers; little did they realise that they had found the map to Treasure Island.

Refresh your memory:

Imran Ahmad and Charles Green should never have been prosecuted, the lord advocate has said

The Lord Advocate does state,

"I have given a commitment that there will be a judge-led inquiry into these matters once all relevant legal cases have concluded",

although, since he is offski, soonest, much -the nature, scope, and vigour of any enquiry, for starters- will depend upon whether his replacement is of similar mind. 

Lord advocate issues new apology to Charles Green and Imran Ahmad over Rangers prosecutions

Douglas Barrie

Tuesday June 08 2021, 12.01am, The Times

Imran Ahmad and Charles Green should never have been prosecuted, the lord advocate has said

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lord-advocate-issues-new-apology-to-charles-green-and-imran-ahmad-over-rangers-prosecutions-dvcjb2ss7

Scotland’s senior law officer has again apologised to a former director and a one-time chief executive of Rangers FC.

James Wolffe QC, the lord advocate, has also repeated that the pair “should never have been prosecuted” in connection with the football club takeover.

Charles Green was unveiled as the new man behind the club in June 2012. He stepped down the next year. In 2015 he and five others, including Imran Ahmad, were charged with serious organised crime offences in relation to the acquisition of the club. Green, 67, suffered what his lawyer called a “damaging, traumatic and stressful life event”.

The Scottish government said last month that Wolffe was to resign along with Alison Di Rollo, the solicitor general. Both have held their positions since June 2016.

Yesterday the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service confirmed that Wolffe had apologised “unreservedly” in writing to Green and Ahmad for the prosecutions, with the Crown accepting a failure in its procedures.

In a statement Wolffe, 58, said: “Between 2015 and 2016, Mr Imran Ahmad and Mr Charles Green were prosecuted in the High Court concerning matters associated with Rangers Football Club. They should not have been prosecuted and, as lord advocate and head of the system for the prosecution of crime in Scotland, I have apologised unreservedly that they were.

“I made a statement to the Scottish parliament following the settlement of two related cases, and I said at that time that there had been profound departures from normal practice. Lessons have been learnt from what happened and the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service has taken steps to prevent a similar situation arising in the future. I have given a commitment that there will be a judge-led inquiry into these matters once all relevant legal cases have concluded. The actions by Mr Ahmad and Mr Green continue with a view to settlement of their financial claims.”

Green also faced charges of conspiracy, fraud and an offence under the Companies Act 2006.

David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, who were appointed joint administrators of Rangers in February 2012, also had charges against them dropped and were awarded more than £20 million.

Wolffe told the Scottish parliament in February that a judge-led inquiry would be held, and that it had the backing of Iain Livingstone, the chief constable of Scotland.

A hearing in March, after Whitehouse and Clark began a civil action against the Crown Office and Police Scotland, was told that a complaint over malicious prosecution could be taken to police or other authorities.

Alex Salmond, the former first minister, had called for Wolffe to resign over the Scottish government’s handling of harassment complaints against him.

Edited by Uilleam

24 minutes ago, compo said:

Putting innocent people on trial knowing they are innocent I wouldn't tolerate I hope they get a record amount of compensation. 

You hope a pair of parasites, who targeted Rangers, get loads of taxpayers' money?

Why?

56 minutes ago, compo said:

Putting innocent people on trial knowing they are innocent I wouldn't tolerate I hope they get a record amount of compensation. 

There's a difference between being innocent and the PF not being able to specifically pin a crime on someone because they're too smart, or the PF is too incompetent.

On 06/06/2021 at 21:36, MacK1950 said:

Did not read full article but feel really annoyed that the whole episode between traitor Murray,selling our soul for a whole"POUND" and the subsequent goings on were just an attempt to suck the very soul out of our club.

I can only thank Dave King and all who finally put a stop to seeing our club put into a historical setting.Don't know if any of the administrators or whoever done enough to work to save us but am glad that now we seem to be on an even+ situation that will see us survive for many many years.

Murray didn't have any option than to sell. The bank controlled everything and they wanted their debt cleared and this deal did that.

Murray did a lot to the club, mainly by gambling and by not taking account of the potential problems, but I don't think he ever set out to deliberately damage the club, unlike most of the others that followed until the 3 bears and King took over.

1 hour ago, compo said:

It wasn’t quite that, though, as Bluedell points out. On the other hand it wasn’t a bungling miscalculation either but a “departure” from normal procedures. So, compo is right. The aggrieved deserve compensation. Gonzo is also right. The rogues deserve not a penny piece.

The ideal solution is for the chap who organised the “departure” to pay compensation out of his own pocket but the cash should be diverted from the spivs to the saviours.

I wonder who is the culprit at COPFS. Wolfe must know. 

42 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

There's a difference between being innocent and the PF not being able to specifically pin a crime on someone because they're too smart, or the PF is too incompetent.

There's a far greater difference between not being able to pin a specific crime on someone and pinning a crime on someone which you know they didn't commit. This isn't an issue of whether or not Green and Ahmed were guilty or innocent but about a sovereign legal system that has become so corrupt as to abandon completely the fundamental principles of honesty and justice. By sacrificing a couple of political appointments, any hope of ever revealing the truth about the emasculation of Rangers or the guilt or innocence of specific people has conveniently been buried forever. 

17 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

It wasn’t quite that, though, as Bluedell points out. On the other hand it wasn’t a bungling miscalculation either but a “departure” from normal procedures. So, compo is right. The aggrieved deserve compensation. Gonzo is also right. The rogues deserve not a penny piece.

The ideal solution is for the chap who organised the “departure” to pay compensation out of his own pocket but the cash should be diverted from the spivs to the saviours.

I wonder who is the culprit at COPFS. Wolfe must know. 

They absolutely deserve compensation, which is a right and proper recognition of wrongdoing at the Crown Office. 

However, the public also deserves better. By making a dogs' breakfast of these prosecutions, we have been robbed of any chance to establish the guilt or innocence of those charged. I haven't yet reached to stage where I'm willing to assign guilt without due scrutiny in court.