[FT] Hamilton Acas 1 - 1 Rangers (Easton 80 o.g.)

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The team he sent out should be strong enough to beat Hamilton, what is the point having a big squad if when they get a chance they don't take it? having said that I believe you should play your best team in every match, changing for injuries/suspensions when needed. All the subs did well when they came on.

The team he sent out should have been strong enough to beat Hamilton but it wasn’t. Questions need to be asked why. 

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

What questions to who? I'm not being funny, I just want to know where you are going?

I thought his team selection with zungu & Kamara in central MF never worked even early on u could see that. And do Kent & Aribo ever get subbed? Both weren’t very involved enough for my liking and Kent too wasteful too often.

Edited by RANGERRAB

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I thought his team selection with zungu & Kamara in central MF never worked even early on u could see that. And do Kent & Aribo ever get subbed? Both weren’t very involved enough for my liking and Kent too wasteful too often.

Ok so you are questioning the managers' team selection.

As I said I think we should always play our best team, however a lot of managers try to give some game time to the players who aren't getting that, these players let themselves, and the manager down. However I also think it is a bit unfair, they are signed players and they need to get a chance, some haven't taken their chance!!

Yeah, if Zungu and co can't beat Hamilton then it puts a clear question mark over some of the players. But I don't think Gerrard has really done anything wrong here, he trusted the players he's signed but they didn't do it today. Zungu was always going to play at some point....

12 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Ok so you are questioning the managers' team selection.

As I said I think we should always play our best team, however a lot of managers try to give some game time to the players who aren't getting that, these players let themselves, and the manager down. However I also think it is a bit unfair, they are signed players and they need to get a chance, some haven't taken their chance!!

Yep & the manager needs to stop being over loyal to Kent & Aribo who contributed little today.

Also u can’t play ur normal game on that plastic pitch. You need to adapt. That means cutting out all the short passing in ur own penalty area for starters 

29 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

In the second have, we had a few periods where Aribo was virtually playing right-back and Tav up there on the wing or even in the AM slot. Maybe it was a test to draw Accies out a bit and/or let the quicker Tav run into spaces, but neither really is what Aribo or Tav should be doing. It worked but once when Aribo put a ball over the top and send Tav away, and that was that. First touches were bad too, even though the match report says it was quite windy ... and the pitch did its job too. But if the "machine" isn`t starting or running smoothly, it could be and sometimes need to be changed. What bother me most is that we have played here and under similar circumstances before, yet somehow time and again struggle to cope. 

What a difference Jack made, plus Davis' good passing.

56 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think after today you will not see Zungu after his loan agreement expires. Tidy enough but does he offer more than what we have? With the lad also coming in from Bournemouth, I think his days are numbered tbh

I think his performance today will signal we dont make the loan permanent.  Decent enough player but doesnt offer enough on either side of the ball.  Shame as I had high hopes for him.