MotM v Slavia Prague (1st Leg)

MotM v Slavia Prague (1st Leg)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Your MotM v Slavia Prague (1st Leg)

• Allan McGregor
    • Nathan Patterson
    • Connor Goldson
    • Filip Helander
    • Borna Barisic
    • Glen Kamara
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Ryan Kent
    • Alfredo Morelos

I think we're all agreed we weren't at our best last night but I think a few players - especially in the defence come out with a lot of credit.

McGregor's save was unbelievable, Patterson's late block just as fantastic whilst Goldson and Helander were again stubborn in their patrols.  

All things being equal though, big Fil gets my award given he also scored such a crucial goal.

Very hard to decide. McGregor obviously saved us in the end, and made some other good saves too. Patterson and Goldson both did well and made some big blocks. Patterson also provided energy down the right hand side all night and his pace was vital in stopping some dangerous counter attacks. Aribo grew into the game and was probably our main man going forward for a spell in the second half. Hagi somehow managing to get to that ball and direct it across the goal got us the goal. Morelos was altogether very good. They didn't do their homework, they got too tight to him and played right into his hands at times. I've gone Helander because although he did have some stray passes and had 1 or 2 shaky moments I thought he was a rock for most of the game and stopped Kuchta, who I think is a very good forward, from getting much joy at all.

Edited by DMAA

Helander all day long - Slavia switched their front 3 constantly as none of them could get any change out of Big Fil. 

World class save from Greegs, great block and decent 2nd half from Patterson and Goldson was solid. 

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Helander all day long - Slavia switched their front 3 constantly as none of them could get any change out of Big Fil. 

I think he is a quality player. Fun fact, Goldson and Helander were signed for a combined £6.5m, £500k less than Celtic paid for Christopher Jullien ?