Cousin to sign over next 24 hours...

I assume if this true then the Naismith deal is off. As a Celtic fan I would rather see you sign Cousin. I don't know very much about him but his scoring record is execrable.

Hold onto your hat on that one. The fact that Walter Smith has pointed out that the deal is maybe but probably without doubt definately off means that we're still interested. Look out for a deal 23:59 deal concluded on 31st August.

Hold onto your hat on that one. The fact that Walter Smith has pointed out that the deal is maybe but probably without doubt definately off means that we're still interested. Look out for a deal 23:59 deal concluded on 31st August.

Who knows, but surely it would be a surprise if Rangers signed two strikers on the last day for European elligibility.

Mate, must admit I literally know hardly anything about his qualities...

However, I do have a few French guys in my lab (as well as a friend in Switzerland) who tell me he will be a decent signing. I'll trust their judgement initially IF the information above proves correct.

Like you say, we'll soon find out.

I'd probably be the first to jump on another poster for writing off a player before he's kicked a ball for us. And my knowledge of French football is not the best.

Just don't get a good feeling about this one.

However as I have said, assuming it goes through, i'll judge him with an open mind (as best I can) on what he does for us, not what i've heard or read about his career previous.

Like I say from what i've read; weak scoring record, although the Ligue 1 is notoriously poor for goals per game compared to other top leagues around Europe, often low scoring affairs. I also have read he has pissed off both people within the club and the fans due to his attitude, althoug hI cannot recall the full story atm. However, he will add another dimension to our play in that he is a tall target man who can old the ball up, which we don't really have, other that McCulloch. But that would free Lee up to play LM and its always good to have options.

I assume if this true then the Naismith deal is off. As a Celtic fan I would rather see you sign Cousin. I don't know very much about him but his scoring record is execrable.

Dunno bout that. Murray said we would spend in excess of �£10mil on 2-3 more players. Whittaker and Cousin take the spending upto circa �£9mil based on Cousin costing �£1.5-2mil that was originally quoted.

Naismith at �£1.5-2mil takes spending to above the �£10mil mark and would be the third signing.

We all know Murray has a penchant for bs, but he has backed Walter o teh tune of >�£7mil already this summer and for once (or should that be yet again) I expect DM to deliver.

Guest davierfc

i would rather we signed naismith who we jnow about and has proved himself in the spl than somebody who has attitude problems and a poor scoring record

I'm not too excited about this potential signing. I'd much rather save the money and up our Naismith bid to �£2m. This Cousin guy is about 30 and by all accounts short on confidence. Naismith is in his early 20's full of confidence and even if things don't work out we could still sell him on.

Unless he's another Dado it's dead money :admin:

I trust Walter, if he thinks the money is better spent on Cousins rather than Naismith then so be it, i cant see us signing both of them during this transfer window, even if Boyd and JCD are out for the qualifier with Red Star.

This is the first signing that I don't have much hope for and don't really know why we're in for him for a largish fee. If he was free, I'd be more circumspect.

Regarding the Naismith deal, I don't think Rangers can save face if they pay 2M now. It would encourage all Scottish clubs to hold out for inflated fees knowing that a Rangers final offer is just a complete bluff.

We've made a stand on that one and can't really back down unless Kilmarnock are willing to compromise too.

Anything more than 1.75M will look very weak.