Cousin to sign over next 24 hours...

For all his knockers out there Cousin has a better scoring record in France and Europe than a certain Dado Prso had when he joined us. Lens weren't desperate to sell him, he was desperate to leave (there is a difference) and we paid less than �£1M pounds for him (E1.5M).

Oh, and the spending *might* not be finished as we are looking to sign cover for left back.

Cammy F

For all his knockers out there Cousin has a better scoring record in France and Europe than a certain Dado Prso had when he joined us. Lens weren't desperate to sell him, he was desperate to leave (there is a difference) and we paid less than �£1M pounds for him (E1.5M).

Oh, and the spending *might* not be finished as we are looking to sign cover for left back.

Cammy F

1.5mil euros makes me feel a lot better than �£1.5mil, that's about �£1mil right.

Now he's here we judge him on what he does as a Ranger not on what we read in the papers about his time at Lens. However, if Lens were unhappy with him as he wanted him to leave it does help my fears over his attitude.

Apparently he asked to be played in away games only after an altercation with his own fans, his house was vandalised too.

I can see where the notion of an attitude probnlem comes from - except I think we would all ask for a transfer if subjected to that !

1.5mil euros makes me feel a lot better than £1.5mil, that's about £1mil right.

Now he's here we judge him on what he does as a Ranger not on what we read in the papers about his time at Lens. However, if Lens were unhappy with him as he wanted him to leave it does help my fears over his attitude.

Yeah, but it is just annoying that players are no longer given time to settle (have they ever actually) at Rangers before be written off. Hopefully Cousin will show the same attitude and ability as LMc has. His scoring record, for the French league is decent and he has scored something like 13 goals in 16 games in Europe. He was also the 2nd top scorer in France the season before last.

BTW, report on the ET says he is match fit and raring to go for Saturday and Tuesday. Also mentions that if we progress in Europe and ship out unwanted players then another 2 additions to the squad are likely.

Cammy F

Yeah, but it is just annoying that players are no longer given time to settle (have they ever actually) at Rangers before be written off. Hopefully Cousin will show the same attitude and ability as LMc has. His scoring record, for the French league is decent and he has scored something like 13 goals in 16 games in Europe.

BTW, report on the ET says he is match fit and raring to go for Saturday and Tuesday. Also mentions that if we progress in Europe and ship out unwanted players then another 2 additions to the squad are likely.

Cammy F

All sounds good.

Def read Cousin on the official site say he's not 100%, depends if WS wants to risk it.

Who can we realistically get rid of though. A thread popped up on FF but most suggestions are unrealistic for once reason or another. As an exmple Adam was touted. Well Walt just gave him a 5yr deal.

I think WS will be looking to move on players like Sebo, Novo (last year of his contract and no sign of a new one), Buffel, Ugo and maybe some surprise like Hemdami.

Cammy F

Out of all those mentioned the only ones I would prefer we keep are Hemdani and Novo.

Sebo - hasn't done enough to warrant a place and with additional strikers coming on board makes sense to see him moved on.

Buffel - undoubtedly has the talent but often doesn't show up for games. A luxury we can't afford when he is a passenger - but if he got his finger out could be that creative spark we miss in midfield.

Ugo - bombscare and has to be down the pecking order.

Hemdani - a class act and should be kept. As has been said before we only have 3 natural CM's so doesn't make sense to move him on.

Novo - wages shouldn't be a problem and is a great squad player - depends on if he would be interested in merely being a squad player.

Cammy F

Any names being mentioned as to who the left back cover *might* be cammy?

I can see Sebo, Ugo and maybe Buffel being moved on. Guys like Burke really need to pull their finger out too.

How about Ian Murray, I'm assuming WS doesn't rate him as cover for Papac.

Has anyone heard any more about Stevie Smith apart from the rumours regarding his career being over?