Cousin to sign over next 24 hours...

0,,5~3354424,00.jpg

DANIEL COUSIN has completed his move to Ibrox and admits he can't wait to get his Rangers career off and running.

The 30 year-old striker put pen to paper on a three-year deal and could go straight into the squad for the match against St Mirren on Saturday.

And the former Lens man, who had moved for a fee in the region of 1.5 million Euros, is desperate to get started in a Light Blue shirt.

Speaking through a translator, he said: "I'm very happy to be a player for Rangers. I'm really glad to play with this club.

"It's an historic club - I feel very happy and very proud. I am not 100 percent fit but if the coach asks me to play this weekend I will play.

"I saw Ibrox earlier today and it is a fantastic stadium. I cannot wait to play there for the first time."

We should go for Murphy from Hibs, best left back in the country and i reckon we could get him for about 1 million

Good shout. I actually felt he was the better of the 2 full backs at Hibs, looked better than Whittaker to me.

Good shout. I actually felt he was the better of the 2 full backs at Hibs, looked better than Whittaker to me.

I'll have to second that. When I saw HIbs on the telly a few times last season Murphy stood out for me.

:)

Welcome to Cousins BTW

So how many strikers do we now have? I think his signing might be the end of the road for Sebo as its just put him one more player down the pecking order.

D'Archeville is full of running and is hard to knock off the ball so I'd hope to see more of him, maybe in a front 3 setup? Looking at the build of Cousin and how he took the goals they showed on Rangers TV last night, I think he's been signed to be our first striker, a bit target man straight through the middle. Someone who can play up front on his own but also provide knock-downs for others.

I hate to say it as its been said so much, but someone in the style of Hateley.

So how many strikers do we now have? I think his signing might be the end of the road for Sebo as its just put him one more player down the pecking order.

Have to say i agree, I dont think Sebo will get a chance even though I still think he could do something for us.

But the options we have are getting high:

Novo

Darcheville

Boyd

Cousin

McCulloch

Sebo

Gow

Buffel

Lennon