The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

As much as I love Glen Kamaradona, we really should be cashing in on him. 

His value is high. 

Although he's a superb player--and was vital to last season's success--his role is not irreplaceable. 

I'd be expecting £15M, plus, surely?

(It's funny: I get the impression that, before his injury, most fans preferred Jack to Kamara.)

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Kamara returned to training yesterday along with Patterson so that's good news.

If we sign Veerman, I wouldn't expect that to be in place of anyone in particular though I would imagine we'll be selling at least one player depending on our European activities.  Looks like Morelos remains the favourite in that sense but, again, we'd look to replace him immediately if/when he does go as we won't be going with just Roofe, Itten and Defoe.

I hate it when we're linked with someone, and the first reaction is, 'Oh--that's player X (who doesn't even play in the same position!) away then'. 

Going by these radars, Veerman closely resembles Aribo. 

I can see him playing in one of the wider roles - I'm not sure we'd play him deeper, because we need control from deep, from Davis' positioning and short passing. 

Veerman's pass success rate is poor, but that's because he's attempting a lot of 'killer passes'. Which is a good thing. 

However, I suspect if he can play killer passes easily, then he should be able to adapt to a Davis, metronome type role?

THERE'S STILL SPACE FOR STEPHEN 'BUSQUETS-CAN'T-LACE-HIS-BOOTS' KELLY!! 

I've seen it discussed that Veerman has lots of positive attributes but his positioning defensively can be poor which is why some English teams (Soton in particular) haven't made more of their interest over the last couple of years.

It's fairly obvious but we wouldn't be signing any finished articles from places like Holland.  We buy the rough diamond, polish it up and move it on.  That's the model and it won't work every time but opportunities are there with the correct scouting and at the correct value.

Gio was a great example of this but even he was ahead of Veerman in terms of overall quality and it was interesting that although he was successful for us in central midfield, it wasn't until he moved to left back he had more success at club and international level.

At around £5m + adds ons, I think Veerman would be a good signing and it wouldn't surprise me to see him arrive over the coming weeks.  I believe we're also interested in a central defender from Vitesse (Danilho Doekhi) who fits the same model but unless we're moving on either Goldson or Helander (not unlikely depending on our CL involvement) then he'll be less of a priority.

Players will come and go but the club needs to make significant profit from this, so some signings might not be very exciting (initially, at least), whereas some player sales will undoubtedly be a source of disappointment.

That's life in the SPFL, unfortunately.

Veerman sounds promising.  

15 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joey-veerman/profil/spieler/408574

He's a right footer but Glenn and Joe give us balance with their left-footedness. (I await retorts about Maehle being a right-footed left back!) 

quite often plays left in a front 3 supposedly. 

Common practice these days.