The Summer 2021 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Good luck to George. I always liked him for how comfortable he was on the ball, but he lacked something defensively. 

A few years ago we were letting go starting 11 players for peanuts, or nothing at all. It is testament to the recruitment team that we are now selling a 5th choice centre back for reportedly upwards of a million plus add ons. I think they have got good value for money too. 

According to The Athletic, Rangers are set to seal the signing of Manchester United midfielder Charlie McCann (19) on a three-year deal. 

It is expected be will join Rangers B before looking to impress the first-team.

https://theathletic.com/2708591/2021/07/29/transfer-news-liverpool-man-utd-rangers-varane?source=user-shared-article

I like that we are looking for players at this age. Kent shows that there are quality players that the top clubs are willing to move on. If he is anywhere near Kent’s ability then we are on to a winner.

9 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I like that we are looking for players at this age. Kent shows that there are quality players that the top clubs are willing to move on. If he is anywhere near Kent’s ability then we are on to a winner.

Kent was a first-team player from the start. 

McCann is going into the B-team. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

This fantastic news. It shows us a preview of how the Lowland League can be used to deliver a conveyor belt of talent. 

Hope every side of that deal is in the clear about where he will play. He talks about Ibrox, Craig Mullhoand says ...

"Charlie will now develop initially in our B Team, being exposed to competitive men’s football in front of large numbers of Rangers fans, and ...

... and I wonder what he means with "large numbers"? How many Bears will be watching Lowland League games? More than people at EPL2 games? Probably, but still ...

BTW, it is quite difficult to actually find that ruling about who can play for the B-Team and whether those can also play for the first team. At least anything offical.