[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 67) - 0 Alashkert

Not the result we wanted but, all things considered, a good one. Lots of talk about our fans but they were a 12th (well, 11th) man tonight so credit to them & the players for a positive reaction to adversity. A lot of hard work to be done in Armenia but we remain big favourites.

I left out kent and lundstram from my team selection before the match for the simple reason that they have done nothing this season to warrant a starting place in the team.  I was proven correct.   But im more concerned that our manager can continually stick by under achievers hoping they come good.   Our manager needs to up his game and see whats staring him in the face.  Its already cost us the CL and if hes not careful it could cost us the league.

We asked for a reaction in the 2nd half and we did get one - even if we were still a bit sort in terms of quality at times.

Scott Wright added some much needed confidence whilst Aribo and Bassey were excellent down our left hand side alongside some hard work from Hagi and Davis which provided what was, IMO, still a deserved win against, IMO also, a very poor side.

The 2nd leg might be different but with Kamara returning for the away game, we must go to Armenia, control and game and score the goals that will take us into the Europa League for the 4th successive year which is no mean feat.

Let's not forget the positives on our haste to be critical.

Just now, gisabeer said:

I left out kent and lundstram from my team selection before the match for the simple reason that they have done nothing this season to warrant a starting place in the team.  I was proven correct.   But im more concerned that our manager can continually stick by under achievers hoping they come good.   Our manager needs to up his game and see whats staring him in the face.  Its already cost us the CL and if hes not careful it could cost us the league.

You think Kent is an under-achiever? Seriously?

Yes, he's had a bad start to the this season but he remains one of our best players and every single Rangers player, past and present, goes through bad periods.

It always surprises me just how negative some people can be.  Usually the same faces right enough but still, a surprise now and again.

Just now, Frankie said:

You think Kent is an under-achiever? Seriously?

Yes, he's had a bad start to the this season but he remains one of our best players and every single Rangers player, past and present, goes through bad periods.

It always surprises me just how negative some people can be.  Usually the same faces right enough but still, a surprise now and again.

Some fans would have been very frustrated last season as they had very little to moan about! and they actually believe they are a better manager than SG ?

A few words for Scott Wright. I doubt anyone knew much about him at Aberdeen but in the last two games he's grown into a Rangers player who is happy to accept creative responsibility and work hard defensively. Potential is obvious - credit to the scouts for identifying it.