Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

Its really funny to see irrelevant journalists posting articles about this which are almost immediately debunked by people like David Edgar and others with official & unofficial ties to the club. Really showing mainstream media up for what its become.

16 hours ago, Bill said:

You're not the only one. I'd also be relieved to see a Rangers man like Kevin Thomson involved at a senior level.

It's a strange one because KT, as we all know, is a HIbs fan, but the Rangers fans treat him far, far better than Hibs fans (despite him doing his latter two stints at Hibs without getting paid).  I think it is much for this reason that he LOVES Rangers - he definitely caught the Rangers bug - and not in a Gerrard kind of way...

15 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I’d be more excited for KT’s involvement than GVB’s. KT would be a great senior coach, but I can’t put my finger on why I’m underwhelmed about GVB. That said, I don’t have a better suggestion. I trust Ross Wilson and the board to get it right, and if that’s GVB, I’ll be right behind them. 

KT is my boy as you all know and I would love to see him as Rangers manager - and I have no doubts he will at some point.  My concern though is that this season is far too important, IMHO, to trust in someone who is essentially a rookie manager.  The players at Kelty love KT, still can't believe he managed to get Barjonas, which shows how highly thought of KT is - and I know he is also highly thought of at Rangers too.  Just think that it has come a couple of years too soon for him.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He doesn't know.

KT keeping him at arm's length...

giphy.gif

In truth, that was my thought too because when I mentioned the Kelty tweet last night instead of KT's usual "insta-response" he waited an hour or so before messaging, lol.

2 hours ago, ascender said:

Its really funny to see irrelevant journalists posting articles about this which are almost immediately debunked by people like David Edgar and others with official & unofficial ties to the club. Really showing mainstream media up for what its become.

Long may it continue.  Fan media is the way

2 hours ago, ascender said:

What purveyors of truth and reason? I think that ship sailed many many years ago :) 

The Sun is reporting that Gio's usual assistant Jean Paul van Gastel has been told he won't be joining Gio by his Chinese club. Could mean substantial compensation is required to get him, could be a stumbling block.

Edited by Graham