Rangers 1 - 0 Livingston (Arfield 75)

6 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Itten is just too passive and slow to react but I guess he can point to a lack of game-time/match sharpness in that respect.

For me Scott Wright isn't good enough whilst the likes of Barker and Lundstram clearly lack the confidence of the manager.

However, to their credit, these lads got the job done last night and it's up to Kent and Aribo to show us what we're missing on Saturday lunch-time.

I’m not convinced Wright is a winger. More of a number 10 to me. We don’t play him in that position do we?

Horrible night for football. Good win. Good for the team to grind that out and stay patient. Sakala and Lowry the real creative sparks for me. An inspired finished from Arfield.

A few concerns that have developed over the last few games:

• James Sands is essentially a CB playing in midfield and doesn't offer much from what I've seen of him in these two games
  • The wingers play really wide (as wingers do) leaving the lone striker very isolated
  • Midfield doesn't really seem to have a shape or logic to it, just some bodies on the park.
  • Manager said he was limited in midfielders, yet Lundstram was left on the bench and didn't feature at all. Pretty clear the manage doesn't rate him.
  • Itten looks miles off it. Either not fit or not good enough. Leaning towards the latter.
  • Our attacking fullbacks seem to have been completely nullified. Tav tried but had to come inside for the most part. (I know Borna set up the goal)
  • Wright struggled. Hagi syndrome. Didn't go well early on then spiralled into trying to hard 

Getting Arfield, Roofe, Kent, Aribo and Jack back is massive for us. Roofes movement made a difference.

Livi are a very well organised side and hard to beat. We were restricted to and scored from half chances last night.

Looking forward to the Ross Country game and hopefully the changes make a real difference.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

The signing of sands seems a bit strange for me. Clearly bought to play in the defensive midfield role kamara has been playing so well in. That pushes Kamara forwards but he doesn't create much it's not his position. 

Makes me wonder if we are selling Kamara. Which in the summer will be fine but certainly not right now. 

We seem to have too many #6s, and not enough #8s or #10s.

Davis, Jack, Kamara, Sands, Lundstram; all #6s that can't really play further forward.

Sands offers versatility in being able to play CB and RB, which is good.

Lundstram was supposed to be an #8, but has only been good as a #6 for us. 

GvB does like the double pivot, but we do need more creative central midfield players (#8s and #10s). 

With Arfield and Aribo back, and Lowry pushing through, I still think RW is the most pressing position to fill. 

17 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I think we are trying to force Lundstrum out. He is clearly good enough to play but selling him would free up a lot of cash. 

What more can the lad do when he starts he is almost always up for MOTM. 

I've been quite critical of Lundstram and he didn't start with us at all well, but no one can deny he had good games too since then. Not sure you can have a player like that and not use him. Especially when the squad is so depleted. You are bang on and hopefully we can move him on if we are not using him. otherwise it may look a little like cutting off your nose to spite your face.