[FT] Ross County 3 - 3 Rangers (Diallo 5; Tavernier 49; Goldson 72)

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Selling Patterson was us starting to do what the yahoos have been doing for years - making a profit on players.  

We only need to make significant profit on one or two players each year - we don't need a whole team of prospects.  It's a balancing act.  

Agreed, but ideally you have the replacements either in place or on speed-dial before selling. 

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

Doesn't matter how many winners medals they have, even in a poor league position they continue by low and sell high. We don't (Patterson aside) and have limited players in our squad who could be sold on getting is a large profit. Selling those 3 would massively weaken the 1st team.

It really does help to have winners medals.

Football managers want to buy winners. I can't believe that you need help with this.

Not sure what three players you are talking about.

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

As for £45 being a lot, or not, for someone working part-time, on a zero hour contract, full time education, unemployed or not working due to Covid, £45 the payday after Christmas will be pocket change for them.

I think you must be getting mixed up here.

This comment seems completely out of place.

34 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

It really does help to have winners medals.

Football managers want to buy winners. I can't believe that you need help with this.

Not sure what three players you are talking about.

And... at the end of last season we had a squad full of winners. To quote someone, I can't believe you need help with this.....🙄 and as it stands we have sold 1 for a decent fee. 

Edited by CammyF

23 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think you must be getting mixed up here.

This comment seems completely out of place.

Why - you're the one questioning the financial backing the fans give and referred to some as knicker wetters over their questioning of the timing of a £45 payment - think that was completely out of place (oh and order)....

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

Why - you're the one questioning the financial backing the fans give and referred to some as knicker wetters over their questioning of the timing of a £45 payment - think that was completely out of place (oh and order)....

I'm surprised that you describe 45 pound as pocket change for the list of people you mentioned.

9 hours ago, CammyF said:

And... at the end of last season we had a squad full of winners. To quote someone, I can't believe you need help with this.....🙄 and as it stands we have sold 1 for a decent fee. 

Most of our squad have a single winners medal. That's much better than zero but it did not change things overnight.

You asked why we are not attracting the same bids for our players.  Limited success on the pitch explains what we see perfectly.

Can you offer a better explanation before you become too upset?

Not getting enough from the likes of Kent and Kamara.

Bit of a freak result yesterday in that we gave away 3 absolute howlers but other than that they wouldn't have had a sniff. The build up to the 3rd was comical. from lunstrams worldie cross field pass straight out the park, to winning it back, to Kamara giving away a 3 yard pass, Tav raging at him for it then goodness only knows what McGregor was on yesterday. Game management lads. FFS.

Also Itten again. Did he win a raffle to become a footballer? Have no idea why he started ahead of Sakala. Can understand keeping Roofe in cotton wool but Sakala has looked bright recently.

Alarmingly same issues again. Midfield no real shape. No grip on the game. Very isolated lone striker. 

Diallo looked very bright. Great to have Aribo back.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats