1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I watched the Hibs V Hearts game last night and Don Robertson totally lost control of it. It degraded from a football match to an overly physical junior game very quickly. On top of missing two penalties for Hearts. Our officials are not fit for purpose.

It was a bloody shambles and these officials are actually undermining any integrity that still exists in our game. Winners and losers alike can no longer trust the the outcome of games is a reflection of ability or endeavour. And of course, universal incompetence is such marvellous camouflage for dishonesty.

1 hour ago, compo said:

The bookies have got the hooped horrors clear favourites tonight now i know they seldom lose money but tonight i suspect they might regret giving 2/1 Rangers , mon the gers :rfc: 

It won't be a popular view but I also think Celtic starts as favourite tonight. The only thing that makes me think a Rangers win is possible is the lift the dressing room will have had from the signing of Aaron Ramsey. Playing to our potential, I think we could and should win but there's no denying or ignoring the downbeat performances of recent weeks or the piss poor focus of a number of individuals. I reckon we'll have a fair idea of the result as soon as we see the team selection.

I understand the temptation to indulge in wishful thinking, as evidenced by over-optimistic assurances of our squad's superiority but these games are generally won by attitude and commitment and if we show up with the same hesitant, passive approach I've seen so much of since the break then we will be in trouble. We need leaders on the park, which is why I'm hoping to see Jack back in harness tonight and a big contribution from Tavernier.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Got to be Balogun surely

If Gio wants Balogun in I would push Bassey to LB, I think Barisic has done very little for a while now, he doesn't get forward and utilize his crossing ability, he mainly drives forward with the ball for about 20 yards then stop and play it back!  and IMO he isn't a great defender of crosses! their RW is pacey and I just feel Bassey is stronger & faster than Barisic.

10 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

If Gio wants Balogun in I would push Bassey to LB, I think Barisic has done very little for a while now, he doesn't get forward and utilize his crossing ability, he mainly drives forward with the ball for about 20 yards then stop and play it back!  and IMO he isn't a great defender of crosses! their RW is pacey and I just feel Bassey is stronger & faster than Barisic.

That's a selection that wouldn't break many Rangers hearts.

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

The only thing that makes me think a Rangers win is possible is the lift the dressing room will have had from the signing of Aaron Ramsey.

The signing of Diallo is more significant for me tonight. I’ve long thought our supporting forwards/wide forwards just aren’t good enough. It’s only been one game but I think Diallo brings far more creative quality to our front line and much more of a goal threat.