[FT] Rangers 3 (Tavernier 11 pen; Morelos 15; Balogun 51) - 0 Crvena zvezda

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I wasn't really talking about TBB. I find it hard to see Goldson, Morelos, Aribo or Barasic for example singing FTP. 

Not that that would make it ok either

Personally I think it would be no bad thing if the Pope was fücked. Give him to understand more fully what his cult has been doing to children in its care for centuries. Not sure it’s something to sing about though. 

34 minutes ago, Franc Ergs said:

Given our recent league form, i fully expect us to pump Red Star.

One look at the starting line up will confirm or deny that possibility 

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Personally I think it would be no bad thing if the Pope was fücked. Give him to understand more fully what his cult has been doing to children in its care for centuries. Not sure it’s something to sing about though. 

Fully agree

The first Rangers Euro tie I remember was the first round of the European Cup in September 1964, Rangers versus Red Star Belgrade. it was a tie that really caught the imagination of a seven year old, 'Red Star' was such an exotic name. I accompanied my Grandfather and Old Man to the Main Stand, I still have the tickets, they were four shillings and sixpence each(22.5 pence). The attendance was 80,000 and we won 3-1, Ralph Brand notched a double and Jim Forrest getting the other. Red Star in their broad red and white stripes, black shorts and, red socks looked wonderful under the floodlights.

A week later in the former Yugoslavia, the return game was played early-afternoon. Our Primary School Headmaster allowed a radio in the Assembly Hall, the Janitor wheeled in a large wooden box(transistors had not made it to Lanarkshire County education Department). It was only second half commentary and the immediate news was a half-time report, the game was tied 1-1, John Greig had opened the scoring. Smiling faces morphed into glum visogs as Red Star quickly ran in three goals in the first 20 minutes of the second half. We were 4-1 down in the game, losing the tie 4-5 on aggregate. Ronnie McKinnon saved most of us from a belting, nodding in our second with six minutes left on the clock.

The school bell rang soon after and Bothwell Primary emptied apart for a dozen diehards waiting on the final whistle. Our Headmaster, Bill Crichton was a self proclaimed Albion Rovers fan and he told us the aggregate score was five all and offered the teams would be decided by the toss of a coin. The next day Bill announced he was wrong, the tie would go to a play-off. Highbury, the home of arsenal was chosen and the game took place at the start of November. Again, it was second half commentary, we were 2-0 at half-time. Jim Forrest had secured a first half double, Ralph Brand adding a third clincher on the 75th minute. Red Star got a consolation with ten minutes remaining. 

I would happily take a similar 3-1 result tonight.