[FT] Dundee 0 - 3 Rangers (Goldson 9'; Tavernier 25' pen, Sakala 87')

The more I see of James Sands the more I think we're seeing someone who could be a linchpin of our midfield for years to come. Probably the most important signing the last transfer window

Glad to see Ramsey get 80 mins under his belt today. He played reasonably well all things considered. Watching the game today, I was reflecting on the poor state of "Premier" football in Scotland. In our last 3 domestic away matches, the state of the playing surfaces has been nothing short of disgraceful. Has anyone else noticed the number of times we have to resort to head tennis or "keepie uppie" to retain possession as the ball baubles all over the shop on the uneven surface? I really wonder what players like Ramsey who are used to playing on perfect English and Italian surfaces make of it? Add to that the sheer dilapidation of the stadium. That Stand opposite the cameras looks ready to be condemned. And for a cup QF, only 1100 of the home support could be ars*d to buy a ticket FFS! The only positive I can muster is at least they never tried to hide the ball (unlike their neighbours across the road) when it was out of play. Unfortunately, we will have to return their pig sty next Sunday for more of the same!

Back to the match, some good performances from Ramsey, Goldson, Bassey and Sands. The latter, in particular, really begins to impress the more he plays. Nice to see McCann and Lowry feature as well. Final question. If you watched the final 15 mins of the game never having seen them play before, who would think was the £35m footballer Dallio or Lowry? 😄 

Just one comment I would like to make.  I am disappointed to see Diallo getting game time ahead of our own youngsters.  He brings little to the team.

Aside form that, delighted to progress in the cup and well done to young Sands who had a fine game.

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Final question. If you watched the final 15 mins of the game never having seen them play before, who would think was the £35m footballer Dallio or Lowry?

I don't like to be overly negative about emerging talent but it wouldn't be Amad Dallio who frequently looks like someone seeing a football for the first time. Lowry looks a far more accomplished footballer.