2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yes, but don't you agree that with the exception of last season, over the last 3-4 years our best performances are in Europe? 

Would you agree that given where we've come from, we have progressed dramatically in Europe and that getting to last 8 is a phenomenal achievement? 

Getting to the last 4 - which is achievable would be unbelievable.

Again I agree.

Would you agree we have stalled though! regarding signings?. When you consider what has happened to us and where we are now it is incredible what we have achieved to date! no doubt about it, I just can't help thinking/feeling we could have done more!

14 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Again I agree.

Would you agree we have stalled though! regarding signings?. When you consider what has happened to us and where we are now it is incredible what we have achieved to date! no doubt about it, I just can't help thinking/feeling we could have done more!

100% mate - we've more than stalled, we're regressing! 

I know I sound like a broken record but said for a while (since SG left) there is a "feeling" that some thing isn't right at the club. 

Signings have been poor but you can only do so much when you're given peanuts to spend.

Wouldn't it just be like Rangers to lose on Sunday them go and secure a place in EL semi-final? 

Yeah I know their more likely to be beaten Sunday and Thursday 😁

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Yes, but don't you agree that with the exception of last season, over the last 3-4 years our best performances are in Europe? 

Would you agree that given where we've come from, we have progressed dramatically in Europe and that getting to last 8 is a phenomenal achievement? 

Getting to the last 4 - which is achievable would be unbelievable.

Agree, there's no debate. But I think we've lost that gung-ho style confidence and I don't see us getting it back by next week, especially with Morelos gone, we just don't have someone that replicates what he does for the team, especially in Europe. Kent, Roofe, Aribo etc. are all capable, but they're not playing as a cohesive unit and individually they are all off form. Add that to the disorganised defence and it's unlikely we have another performance in us. There's no taking away that it's been a phenomenal achievement to reach the quarters though. 

16 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Agree, there's no debate. But I think we've lost that gung-ho style confidence and I don't see us getting it back by next week, especially with Morelos gone, we just don't have someone that replicates what he does for the team, especially in Europe. Kent, Roofe, Aribo etc. are all capable, but they're not playing as a cohesive unit and individually they are all off form. Add that to the disorganised defence and it's unlikely we have another performance in us. There's no taking away that it's been a phenomenal achievement to reach the quarters though. 

Again, apart from last season our European performances were against a backdrop of inconsistent domestic form. 

The major issue I see is our inability to  "keep the zero" and we are no longer a threat at set-pieces. 

I'd be tempted to play Borna next week as it gives an alternative to Tav at set-pieces. 

12 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

"Yes. Well we have to"   translated means  "Yes...erm...I mean no, but we have to try" 

To be fair it was a stupid question. What was the answer he (and we) expected from Gio? 

"Nah, Sakala and Roofe are shit, we really cannae cope without him"....