Club1872 purchase some of Dave King's shares

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

One of the main drivers was Hillheadbear and while I don't know him personally, I've no doubt that his motivation was totally genuine. I've followed him on FF for many years and would be an asset to the organisation. I know one of the others but don't have a clue as to his motivation.

There are legal reasons why the club can't do that.

I don't mean in the exact same fashion necessarily. Surely there are ways. they did it at the last share issue with a partner. The bunnet did it at Celtc with finance. 

Shares of thousands of companies are issued and traded every day, all across the world. Transactions range from vast sums of money to an individual buying a few penny shares. There is a system for this and it works perfectly well without the equivalent of a Club1872 intervening between buyer and seller. There is absolutely no need for these grandiose intermediaries. Surely there could be no purer expression of fan ownership than fans actually owning shares and having their own voice. Club1872 is only relevant when people feel they need someone else to tell them what to do and that is never a healthy option - as we can clearly see today.

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

Shares of thousands of companies are issued and traded every day, all across the world. Transactions range from vast sums of money to an individual buying a few penny shares. There is a system for this and it works perfectly well without the equivalent of a Club1872 intervening between buyer and seller. There is absolutely no need for these grandiose intermediaries. Surely there could be no purer expression of fan ownership than fans actually owning shares and having their own voice. Club1872 is only relevant when people feel they need someone else to tell them what to do and that is never a healthy option - as we can clearly see today.

I think you are letting your distaste of what Club 1872 stand for - the collective ownership of shares- colour your judgment.

Full disclosure - I'm a member of Club 1872, having first been with Rangers First. I also see nothing wrong with collective action to further a cause.

I'm a member of many organisations and while not agreeing with everything they do, my shared belief In their aims are enough for me. Anyone who is a member of a political party goes through this all the time.

I don't know if it is easy to buy Rangers shares as I thought they were not on a trading platform. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

One of the main drivers was Hillheadbear and while I don't know him personally, I've no doubt that his motivation was totally genuine. I've followed him on FF for many years and would be an asset to the organisation. I know one of the others but don't have a clue as to his motivation.

There are legal reasons why the club can't do that.

As I said in my earlier post, maybe due to the scars from the last 12 years or so, I am sceptical of everyone (well almost) 🙂

would be good if we could get a fans organisation we could all get behind and who looked after not just the club's, but the fans best interests. 

Maybe one day we will mate.....

4 hours ago, Yorkie Bear said:

think you are letting your distaste of what Club 1872 stand for - the collective ownership of shares- colour your judgment

I don’t think I’ve ever commented on what they stand for, other than to express surprise at some people claiming their only purpose was to accumulate share for the sole objective of … well, accumulating shares. What I do dislike are their methods and complete lack of any achievable benefit to Rangers. I understand how hard it is to accept you’ve been funding something for no good reason but Club1872 is increasingly an irrelevance, sucking money out of fans’ pockets for no conceivable outcome. 

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

King was supposed to appear on a fan podcast last night but didnt show up. 

Probably stuffing more money into that big brown bag he's always humfing around with him 🤣