Rangers Player of the Year Awards

The official dinner was last night.

Fans' PotY - Morelos

Players' PotY - Tav
Young PotY - Bassey

B Team PotY - McCann

I guess Morelos is somewhat of a surprise as PotY but when the voting was conducted, he was in a rich vein of form at the time.

A few players have had good periods across the season (Aribo, Tav, Lundstram, Bassey and Morelos) but I don't think any have been consistently good across the whole campaign though I'd vote for Tav myself.

The results from our weekly polls will be interesting at the end of May... ;)

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Slightly mystified it wasn’t Tavernier, who seems to have made by far the biggest contribution over the season and certainly way more than Morelos. 

Agreed. Tav also didn't fly halfway around the world injured and aggravate an injury that kept him out for the season.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Slightly mystified it wasn’t Tavernier, who seems to have made by far the biggest contribution over the season and certainly way more than Morelos. 

Fans like Morelos and have never got over hating tav for a couple of goal's conceded and admitting we looked weak mentally when we looked weak mentally. 

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Given Tav was Players' player, did they then move to the next in the list for the fans' player to try and spread the awards around?

I would hope not. Not really how it should work and we must have had double winners before surely?

Maybe more likely they moved on players player if at all?