Ramsey Bids Farewell

What do we think happened here? He obviously wasn't match fit when he joined us, so was that the crux of it? He didn't have the games to get properly match fit and we didn't have the luxury to take a risk on him as we were still in for every trophy available until very recently. I seem to remember he also picked up some niggling injuries along the way which is always a risk with someone who is trying to get up to speed at this point in the season.

Hindsight is always great, but I do wonder what the thinking behind this deal was, or what assurances we had about his fitness.

38 minutes ago, ascender said:

What do we think happened here? He obviously wasn't match fit when he joined us, so was that the crux of it? He didn't have the games to get properly match fit and we didn't have the luxury to take a risk on him as we were still in for every trophy available until very recently. I seem to remember he also picked up some niggling injuries along the way which is always a risk with someone who is trying to get up to speed at this point in the season.

Hindsight is always great, but I do wonder what the thinking behind this deal was, or what assurances we had about his fitness.

I think its a case of we had little or no other options but had a chance to roll the dice with a guy who could have made a real difference.

Meanwhile Skov Olsen ripped it up for Brugge and could be leading them to a League title. 6 Million for that boy is going to seem a bargain in a couple of years. Still wish we could have had him for our right side of attack. it is what it is.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

snake eyes animation GIF by Stephanie Dulieu

5 hours ago, ascender said:

I said at the time he was a waste of money and I was proven correct. 

17 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I said at the time he was a waste of money and I was proven correct. 

You should apply to be Ross Wilson's replacement if rumours are true that he's off to Newcastle. 

Gamble that didn't work out. All transfers are a gamble, some you get right (Aribo, Bassey), some you get wrong. 

It was a loan deal with Juventus picking up the majority of his wages. You can see why Ross Wilson took the gamble.

It wasn't an unreasonable loan deal at the time and it's hard to see any value of being a smart arse and sniping from the sidelines after the event.