I see from the official site that Gowser scored the other night again against Ayr United. Link.

He seems to be doing really well in the reserves and also impressed me pre-season.

I would really like to see him given a chance, i know we are winning just now but i think that Gow could be the creative player that we seem to be lacking.

Where he plays would be a bit of a problem but i would like to see him given a shot at left mid providing more competition for Beasley and McCulloch.

What do you guys think, should he be given a chance?

I dont see why he shouldnt be given a chance if he's playing well. Certainly impressed me in that 45mins i saw him against Galaxy.

Also IIRC he was last seasons top assister.

Left midfield is where i would think he would get his chance, although he would slot in nicely in behind the striker(s).

Trouble is that Wattie is still trying to find his best front two, with Darcheville, Boyd, Cousin and Novo all doing decent jobs, so it's hard to drop them.

Naismith is also only 20 which gets him an automatic place on the bench.

I would agree he needs the carrot of at least a subs appearance to keep him motivated, so if he's doing well in the reserves it's time to reward him, otherwise why should he try?

Definately agree he should get a place on the bench based on his recent performances for the reserves but with the first team it's difficult to see who we could drop to fit him in.

With CL league football about to start I'm sure there will be games where WS would like to rest someone like Mculloch, Beasley or even Whittaker.