Firstly, hello everyone. I posted here for a while then took a break for a few years. I see some familar names and plenty new ones too.

There's a joke amongst fans of the other clubs that we're skint, have always been skint and will always be skint. Someone (can't remember who) made a joke comment in the transfer thread after the latest link with the young Welsh player about sevco having no money (along those lines). 

It got me thinking, what are our finances like? We've sold Patterson, made a few bob after the Europa League run and the potential sale of Aribo but as the joke goes, we're still skint. My question is, what are our finances like? 

I'm sure there are a few on here able to answer this. 

I think it's far more likely that no one can answer your question. How do you guess, for example, forward debt policy or what the board has decided on cash reserves or provision for capital expenditure or bonuses & dividend or depreciation or a host of other things. We can't know the crucial fine-print terms of the payment schedule in player contracts and its impact on cash flow.

The yahoos will always invent their own facts to cover up their fear that Rangers might be successful. They wear Sevco like a security blanket and cling to our previous financial woes like a religious icon. Sad bastarts.

22 minutes ago, Gazza_8 said:

I'm not wanting to know our finances down to the penny, just a good estimate from someone who has links. 

Unfortunately, what Bill outlines is what you have to know. Anything else is guessing.  Paying current debts can be an indicator of sorts but nowhere near the whole picture.

Edited by Scott7

2 hours ago, Gazza_8 said:

Firstly, hello everyone. I posted here for a while then took a break for a few years. I see some familar names and plenty new ones too.

There's a joke amongst fans of the other clubs that we're skint, have always been skint and will always be skint. Someone (can't remember who) made a joke comment in the transfer thread after the latest link with the young Welsh player about sevco having no money (along those lines). 

It got me thinking, what are our finances like? We've sold Patterson, made a few bob after the Europa League run and the potential sale of Aribo but as the joke goes, we're still skint. My question is, what are our finances like? 

I'm sure there are a few on here able to answer this. 

Gazza,

Welcome back, good news for the Gersnet community.

Reference the six year absence, who can tall the difference between a 15 year old Filipino girl and a 16 year old? Further, I thought that Judge was at it when he gave you such a lengthy custodial sentence.

Reference club finances; the parameters are the Kerrydale Accountants who continue to have quite an input on the media narrative and, the very occasional cautious piece in the better broadsheets.