Premier League 2022/23

30 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

If this was in Scotland and they were a recognised as being protestant club they would have been disbanded like lightening.

Strip the Titles - relegated to league 2 (div 3 in Scotland) and add in disrepute charges just for good measure

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

All of the big clubs are at it, and have been for years.

That's how we got here.

2 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

But, and it's a very big but, fuck all will happen. The spectre of a breakaway league is very much still hanging around, its never gone away, and the EPL and UEFA know it.

I disagree DA...I think the gubmint is gonna be up the FA's ass about a firm resolution or serious regulation will ensue.

They all signed the Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules in 2008.  FFP helped keep the government out of their soup. This is gonna put the heat back.

This, if not handled thoroughly, and decisively will have the gubmint on em like white on rice. 

I think the FA will see this as an opportunity to prove a point. Governments, hold a Hell of a lot more weight than some 'possible' super league.

21 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Goodbye Ted Lasso. Not sure why they didn't sack him sooner and give the new guy the January window. They lack a goalscorer and some quality defence. Have a few Americans in the team now so all good.

They can have Pulisic if they want him!

2 hours ago, Malangsob said:

That's how we got here.

I disagree DA...I think the gubmint is gonna be up the FA's ass about a firm resolution or serious regulation will ensue.

They all signed the Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules in 2008.  FFP helped keep the government out of their soup. This is gonna put the heat back.

This, if not handled thoroughly, and decisively will have the gubmint on em like white on rice. 

I think the FA will see this as an opportunity to prove a point. Governments, hold a Hell of a lot more weight than some 'possible' super league.

The Govt has enough to fuck up let alone getting involved in this. 

And here was me thinking if I won the euro millions muti rollover I would buy the Rangers a few decent players and pay their contracts but I suppose that would be against these stupid financial fair play rules , who has the right to tell anyone what to do with their money .

And now the big boys want the ultimate sanction of relegation when we’re Arsenal and United big boys ffs .

Tbh they ain't stupid rules, don't get me wrong, they don't really work as designed at present, but they're designed to keep football competitive, and to potentially stop club owners doing a Barca.

We may be a big fish up here compo, but if these owners were allowed carte blanch, then we'd get horsed even more than we did on the CL this season.

The good old effy cup continues to entertain. Wrexham performed sturdily against Sheffield United in the replay at Bramall Lane. Blades played really good passing football but couldn’t finish until taking a lead in the second half which Wrexham equalised with a penalty. They got a second penalty which they missed and then lost two goals deep into extra time. 
Slightly weird to think that Don Bradman hit 140 on the ground for the Australians against Yorkshire.