Premier League 2022/23

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

All those billions spent assembling these squads and its like watching st mirren v Motherwell. EPL is a myth

Apart from City and two or three more I think that’s right. Put Raith v Arbroath on at a big stadium with a full crowd for a bit of atmosphere and commentators and “pundits” alike would be screaming in exultation about similar mediocrity.

Haaland is going to get 45 goals if he stays fit, what a player.

Eddie Howe's honeymoon period is clearly over - a few boos around ST James' yesterday. He has put together a very decent XI and they are away from relegation but they should have won their last 2 games now.

I dont see where Leicester get a win from, their defence is scary bad. But Spurs are flying in the league under Conte and I can see them being 2nd this season - which is where I had them at the start of the season due to the Conte factor, Son and Kane being so good and Liverpool not addressing their weak midfield problem. If Thiago, Fabinho and Keita could play 30+ games each then they would challenge but they are lucky to get 30 between them and they turn to Milner, Henderson and a youngster Elliott which is a very average midfield.

Huge game at Goodison today. Come you Irons.

5 hours ago, Gribz said:

Haaland is going to get 45 goals if he stays fit, what a player.

Eddie Howe's honeymoon period is clearly over - a few boos around ST James' yesterday. He has put together a very decent XI and they are away from relegation but they should have won their last 2 games now.

I dont see where Leicester get a win from, their defence is scary bad. But Spurs are flying in the league under Conte and I can see them being 2nd this season - which is where I had them at the start of the season due to the Conte factor, Son and Kane being so good and Liverpool not addressing their weak midfield problem. If Thiago, Fabinho and Keita could play 30+ games each then they would challenge but they are lucky to get 30 between them and they turn to Milner, Henderson and a youngster Elliott which is a very average midfield.

Huge game at Goodison today. Come you Irons.

Stuff the irons come on the toffees 😉

Moyes is beginning to crack and show his faults - putting the blame onto senior players when he constantly plays Bowen, Soucek, Fornals and Antonio who are all bang out of form. Antonio isnt even a striker and should be moved the wing. The nonsense he comes out with saying he needs in embed new signings slowly but the defender Kehrer played the same day as he signed and has been in the team ever since and is a step back from Dawson and Ogbonna.

The Europa run papered over a lot of cracks last season - Crystal Palace, Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Newcastle, Brentford and Burnley ALL got something at the London stadium last season.

Arsenal were very good on the eye yesterday, it was a Wenger-esk at peak performance and the transformation that Arteta has done this season is massive. Saliba is a rolls royce, Partey when fit controls games and Jesus is sublime - how did he not get more game time at City.

2 hours ago, Gribz said:

Moyes is beginning to crack and show his faults - putting the blame onto senior players when he constantly plays Bowen, Soucek, Fornals and Antonio who are all bang out of form. Antonio isnt even a striker and should be moved the wing. The nonsense he comes out with saying he needs in embed new signings slowly but the defender Kehrer played the same day as he signed and has been in the team ever since and is a step back from Dawson and Ogbonna.

The Europa run papered over a lot of cracks last season - Crystal Palace, Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Newcastle, Brentford and Burnley ALL got something at the London stadium last season.

Arsenal were very good on the eye yesterday, it was a Wenger-esk at peak performance and the transformation that Arteta has done this season is massive. Saliba is a rolls royce, Partey when fit controls games and Jesus is sublime - how did he not get more game time at City.

Moyes at West Ham has over performed for a while now. 

The inevitable downward trajectory has kicked in.

It will end with him getting the boot but if he wants, he won't have any bother getting another job.

He has well over 1000 games managed.

• 2 weeks later...