[FT] Livingston 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 73; Tavernier 74)

A number of positives from the second half, one of which is GvB's ability to recognise problems and his willingness to make changes.

The difference in defence when James Sands replaced Souttar was huge. There wasn't moment of panic afterwards. Sands is becoming more impressive with every game he plays for us.

Tillman is definitely starting quality. His introduction saw a level of pressure on Livi in front of goal that hadn't been there first half.

Ryan Kent's desire and directness pulled the livi defence ever wider. I thought he had a terrific game.

Very heartening to see Borna Barisic for picking himself up at HT and turning in a very solid performance after the break. Sadly, Kamara couldn't do the same and wasn't missed when he went off.

And what do you say about Tavernier? Has to be MOTM.

8 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Another thing, the more I see Sands the better he looks, I think he could be a big player for us this season

From what we've seen pre-season and today, it's hard to see why Sands isn't owning that position.

You would hope the next time we don`t need changes against brickwall teams. Just play a solid attacking threat from the word go and change it later to a more regular shape if need be. I know that Arfield is usually not that good a starting option, but Tillman would do nicely. Suss the opposition out ahead of the game, not after 40odd minutes. It`s not like we haven`t played them before ...